• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'm a thief!!!!

Reaction score
First Name
Dennie
Last Name
Spears
I've been looking for a really good deal on a BIG scooter. I saw an ad in Louisiana for a 2011 650 Burgman for $4500, which is $1000 less than NADA average retail and right at the trade in value. Since it was 300 miles away, I called to make sure it matched the description on Craigslist. 1,100 miles, not 11,000 or 110,000? Yep, 1,162 miles. No scratches? None. Starts and runs good? Yep.

Since I seldom buy a used vehicle without discussing price, I asked if they would take $3500. Jay says he will have to call me back since the scooter belongs to his dad. He texts me back and says his dad will take $3,000 if I'm willing to drive 300 miles to get it. I stole it for $3000.

Yes, you did steal it!!! Here I thought I did well with my '09 @ 7500 miles for $2800 Check out Burgmanusa.com Great source of technical information.

Sounds like you haven't picked up the bike yet. I hope everything works out as promised and bike is in the condition represented. I've been on my share of Craigslist wild goose hunts.

_

No, I took my wife for a ride on it last night. I got home too late the night before and she was already dressed for bed.

Yes, you did steal it!!! Here I thought I did well with my '09 @ 7500 miles for $2800 Check out Burgmanusa.com Great source of technical information.

My wife's comment on getting off the bike was, "You have to do something about that seat." Any suggestions?

It came with a backrest for rider and passenger so I guess a new seat or modifications are in order.

Sweet. Smoking deal. No wonder I can't sell my TMax for $3800.

Yeah head over to BurgmanUSA for seat modification options. Ride the snot out of it and smile.

Let me get this straight. You offered $3500 and he talked you down to $3000? Man, he drives a hard bargain. :trust:

I'll bet you could have talked him up to $3250 if you'd put your mind to it. :lol2:

He's moving and the only reason I can think of to lower the price below my offer is to make sure I would drive the 300 miles to his house.

Now,...you hafta ride it like--well you know

(And that's not a problem for you in any case, is it?)

:thumb:

Bike karma

Good people get good deals.

Congratulations!

Get this for coincidence! He was in the Navy for 30 years and I was in the Marines for 4 years. We were both stationed at Cherry point MCAS at the same time.

Back