• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

9th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride

Me, Vinny, RG, Kubota Mike, JT and my two sons got caught in a serious frog strangler of a thunderstorm Sunday that just would not quit and kept building and building.

20 miles from camp, and on the trail in the middle of the forest, we took cover under some trees until that didn't work, and then made a break for it.

We go to the mountains to get a break from the heat, and leave it to us to go to the other extreme and get borderline hypothermia. :lol2: We got back and we were shaking for a solid hour. Temps dropped to the low 50s and all of us soaked to the bone.

As Vinny said, it was still better than sitting at work watching the heat waves rise up from the pavement. We agree too. Had a fun time riding the last two days. Hope everyone up there has a great week.

Me, Vinny, RG, Kubota Mike, JT and my two sons got caught in a serious frog strangler of a thunderstorm Sunday that just would not quit and kept building and building.

20 miles from camp, and on the trail in the middle of the forest, we took cover under some trees until that didn't work, and then made a break for it.

We go to the mountains to get a break from the heat, and leave it to us to go to the other extreme and get borderline hypothermia. :lol2: We got back and we were shaking for a solid hour. Temps dropped to the low 50s and all of us soaked to the bone.

As Vinny said, it was still better than sitting at work watching the heat waves rise up from the pavement. We agree too. Had a fun time riding the last two days. Hope everyone up there has a great week.

Thanks for leading us around John, even playing in the mud and cold rain is better than being stuck in the heat back home.

JT

I'll take cold and drizzle 100% of the time over TX heat .

Thanks Sander for leading ride today

Attachments

• IMG_2460.jpg
    IMG_2460.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 222
Back in Austin . 100F and afternoon traffic is our welcoming committee.

I see that CC didn't get any rain today. I guess it followed us to Austin.
Hope you guys had a long day of riding.

Well, as luck would have it, my back is giving me fits! I rode a few miles this morning but decided (or rather my back decided) that I'd better not try the Bear Ride. So IF I leave the coolness of Ruidoso by the 19th, I'll see some of you at b'fast in Utopia.

Thanks RG for ride Wed

Attachments

• IMG_2484.jpg
    IMG_2484.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 229
Had a great time riding out there and enjoyed meeting all of you I ran into. Will put this on my calendar to do again for sure. Was my first time to CC, beautiful country up there.
IMG_0158.jpgIMG_0161.jpgIMG_0160.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back