• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 Husqvarna FE450 Street Legal

Reaction score
SOLD For Sale; 2018 Husqvarna FE450 $9,199.00

I purchased this motorcycle back in April 2018 to replace my 2015 Husqvarna 501S. I then spent a lot of time and money modifying it to suit my needs. It is truly a fantastic dual sport motorcycle that is far more capable than I will ever be. Last month I walked into my local KTM shop and bought the first 2019 KTM 300XCW TPI that they had just taken delivery of as an impulse purchase. Now the wife is telling me I can't keep both of them, so I'm selling this one.

The bike currently has only 838 miles and 32 hours and is completely ready to ride. I just accomplished the following maintenance items;

-Replaced oil and filter with Bel Ray EXS full synthetic
-Checked valve clearance
-Replaced fuel filter
-Cleaned and oiled the air filter

I've added the following items and modifications to the motorcycle;

-Had the suspension resprung and revalved by Enzo Suspension in Rome TX for a 200# rider
-Deleted the smog equipment
-Had the ECU re-flashed with the European map
-Replaced the intake tube with an FC tube
-Replaced the air filter cage with a two stroke cage
-Replaced the headlight bulb with an LED bulb
-Added a Zip Ty racing fuel filter to help protect the injector from contamination
-Added Tubliss systems in both wheels
-Balanced both wheels
-Installed Grip Heat under the grips
-Installed Bark Busters
-Removed the stock inner fender and taillights and replaced with the European inner fender, taillight and flush mounted LED turn signals
-Replaced the front turn signals with LED turn signals mounted in the hand guards
-Replaced the fuel tank with an IMS 3.2 gallon fuel tank
-Replaced the stock plastic with Acerbis plastic with Red Bull graphics
-Changed the gearing to 13/50 sprockets
-Added a Carbon Fiber C3 pipe guard
-Added a Husqvarna front disk brake guard
-Added a Husqvarna rear disk brake guard
-Purchased a front number plate from an FC for when I want to run without the headlight

I've got all the stock pieces including the fuel tank, Continental TKC 80 tires, original plastic in great shape and the fork and shock springs. I've got the title in hand as well as the owners manual and a shop manual. This bike is in fantastic shape and will not disappoint.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcy/d/2018-husqvarna-fe-450-dual/6669330505.html

IMG_0325_zpsoi9lwa1l.jpg

IMG_0328_zpsnvccrhm9.jpg

IMG_0330_zps3ke9uncc.jpg
IMG_0327_zpssnofoqub.jpg
IMG_0326_zpsizjwobn9.jpg
IMG_0331_zpsy5fimmjh.jpg
IMG_0333_zpsdrkjvyxl.jpg
IMG_0336_zpstyc8j4dm.jpg
IMG_0337_zpsbqziw3sw.jpg
IMG_0334_zpstnxqopox.jpg
IMG_0335_zpsiyi3vsd6.jpg
IMG_0338_zpskhhrwi6y.jpg
IMG_0339_zpsey98mlgq.jpg
IMG_0341_zpskonjlqrw.jpg
IMG_0342_zpskmdupu3f.jpg
IMG_0340_zpstxsozatn.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought a 2018 350xcf, if I had a buyer i'd be all over this one, sweet!

Wow on the new purchase..i don't know much about dirt riding but I even heard about this new 2 stroke ...2019 KTM 300XCW TPI

TPI stands for “transfer port injection”; a global-first, groundbreaking technology for 2-stroke racing engines that delivers a previously unattainable combination of top performance and outstanding ride ability. No more jetting combined with a massive reduction of fuel consumption while the lubrication is taken care by an electronically controlled oil pump instead of using premix.

Last edited:
Put your foot down and keep both. Worth the fight.

Nice bikes. Enjoy.

There's always that difficult choice, more bikes than I really need or sex.

not really that difficult of a choice, is it?....

True story ...

My dad passed away in 2000 and a few months before his cancer got the best of him, he and I were in WalMart buying bird hunting licenses.

A nice looking lady, easily in her late 60s and very nice looking, walked past. My dad noticed, turned and made no attempt to hide he was checking her out.

About that time, he stumbled into an end cap and knocked some crap off into the floor.

I bent down to help him pick up the mess and chuckled asking "Dad, what were you doing?"

"Remember son, no matter how good looking she is, some one, some where is sick of her stuff*"

*wasn't the exact word he used ...

:chug:

Free bump on a bike I have my eye on and wish one of you fine gents would purchase soon.

Back