• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 BMW 1200GS

Reaction score
2008 BMW R1200GS.
39,500 miles

SOLD

This is a great adventure bike. It runs good and has taken me all over the Hill Country, Texas, out west several times, and to Canada and back.

This 1200GS does not use oil. Oil filled to top of oil site window is only half way down window at 5000 mile oil change.

Features;
Original Vario cases ( they expand or contract to allow more luggage space)
Heated grips.
Kaoko throttle lock
Custom crash bars. Original factory bars included too.
Heavy duty BMW full coverage bash guard.
Oil cooler guard.
Headlight guard.
Wunderlich Adjustable windshield.
Sargent saddle. Original BMW saddle included.
Upgraded foot pegs.
ROX bar riser
Halogen low beam headlight.
Fuseblock wired for SAE plug and Cigarette plug.
Throttle Potentiometer guard.
Heidenau K60 Scout front tire
Mitas E-07 rear

GPS and phone mount not included.

Not included but available;
Jesse left and right lockable aluminum panniers that have been on this bike.
Also I have bolt on brackets for each Jesse mount that will each hold a gallon Rotopax container.

Attachments

• smG+gEnbT46KZ2GQEkaePw.jpg
    smG+gEnbT46KZ2GQEkaePw.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 172
  • wR93uoJmRDm+A6%IjqKtdg.jpg
    wR93uoJmRDm+A6%IjqKtdg.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
This is how I change my oil & filter.
Fill to top of window.
Start and run a few minutes.
Let it set for 10 minutes.
Then the oil will be in the in the middle of site glass.

Its a internal combustion engine. Some oil can pass the rings over time or valve seals and just gets hot and breaks down and thins out. Plus with all the new emission crap- you have to capture oil vapors and such containing some oil and run it through the intake and burn it up. All this adds up over time.

On a Hexhead GS it just takes a few ounces to top off the oil from the middle of the oil sight glass window. Newer 1200GS's have a little different sight glass.

So I guess more accurately this 1200 GS consumes a few ounces of oil in 5,000 miles.

Back