• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Been here for a hot minute, but

texaspatrick

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
I thought I would say hello. I was a lurker as I gathered info about a few bikes I was interested in purchasing last year and finally signed up. Met more than a handful of you in person already, bought three bikes off the forum so far (trying not to buy inroads dr350), went to a lunch meeting and it's been a hoot. :rider:

Riding a butt ugly KLR with a massive oil leak and Sodapops old V-Strom he let me have at the moment. Just gave the DRZ to a buddy who had his dr650 stolen........so I guess I need that dr350 :giveup:

I'm a full-time photographer, have a rad dog and enjoy a good plate of BBQ.

You can check out the most recent photos on the 'ol instagram account if you're bored. Some motorcycle stuff on there from time to time: www.instagram.com/texaspatrick

Signed up to do a couple rides here in the Austin area, so hopefully I'll see more of y'all out there soon!

Nice to have ya around. We met at lunch a couple of weeks ago, you showed up to see Robb's bike.

There's a few photog's here, I dabble a bit but more are into it leaning toward professional.

If you go through bikes as quickly as Kurt then you have competition.

Welcome to the forum. :wave: And thank you for calling the KLR butt ugly instead of the VStrom. That may be a first around here. :mrgreen:

I chose to leave that comment/topic alone.

An official Welcome, Patrick!

The mesh jacket you PIF'd and I snagged is working out wonderfully for Mexico. Thanks Thanks again.

Hope to ride w/you soon

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, right?

I've seen a couple of ride reports with some really nice photos on here. Hoping to do the same soon. I took my first long ride on the KLR a couple months ago through Arkansas (3 days, few hundred miles of dirt/TAT) and hardly had any photos to show from it. Gotta remember to stop and take it in on the way.

Glad it is seeing some use @ SpiritAtBay! I nabbed a Joe Rocket mesh that is just a hair too big. Can't seem to find a jacket that fits just right!

Anyway, what kind of oil should I use?

Oil, let's see...

I picked up a refurbished Olympus rugged camera, it's what I take on the bike. Have extra batteries. The camera is colored red so it's easy to find. A few of us are heading to east Texas in a month so it'll be in the tank bag and at the ready.

Going back to Arkansas and Big Bend are on my wish list.

Sent from my Android tablet using Tapatalk.

Back