• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New old man from Galveston

Reaction score
I've just bought a 2007 Yamaha "Virago" 250, after passing the basic MSF course. I've always wanted to own and ride a motorcycle ever since I was a boy. Now I'm 69 and finally achieved this aim. :sun:

That's awesome!
Congrats and what a perfect bike!
Welcome to the forum, hope to meet you on a ride or meet and greet soon.

Congratulations John! Glad you didn't let your desire to ride slip through your hands. Enjoy!

Welcome to motorcycling and TWT. I started riding three years ago after a 30 years hiatus. The group here is a great bunch of people to know and learn from.

papajohn glad you took the MSF course and bought a small lightweight for your first bike to master the basics. Too many jump straight to an overpowered heavyweight bike and get in over their head.

Age is a non factor, you're never too old and it's never too late to start!

"...never slow down, never grow old..."

_

I've just bought a 2007 Yamaha "Virago" 250, after passing the basic MSF course. I've always wanted to own and ride a motorcycle ever since I was a boy. Now I'm 69 and finally achieved this aim. :sun:
welcome, this a good forum to meet people and get questions answered. as for getting a bike at a more mature age, better late than never. :clap:

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're doing it right. Be safe!

It's never too late to start. Of course, it's never too early, either; this is me in 1965:

FP-72.jpg

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're doing it right. Be safe!

It's never too late to start. Of course, it's never too early, either; this is me in 1965:

FP-72.jpg

I love these old pics. I've been saving some as I see them for use on the front page of the forum. This one will be one of those ;-)

:welcome: from one younger old man in San Marcos. I only have a few more riding years on you as I first started in 2009. Lots of good folks here, ride safe. :rider:

Welcome to the forum and the world of motorcycling PapaJohn. Hope it is an extremely enjoyable experience for you. P.S. You and I are about the same age!

Back