• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Plating a Dirt Bike in TX

seantx

Reaction score
Not sure this is the best place to ask. If it needs to be moved, mods, please do so.

How difficult is it to get plates for a dirt bike? Assuming of course all the requisite horn, signals, brake lights, etc are done? Work from the assumption that the bike has a valid TX title.

Thanks!

As mentioned, if you have the off-road title it is really easy. I just registered my daughters CRF250X. I had to fit mirrors, lights, etc, DOT approved tires, get it insured, have a state inspection completed and then get a 68-VTR form completed by a police officer (cost me $40) they just come and write down the frame and engine VIN numbers, check them against the title and sign the form, a real waste of $40 but needed to title the bike. I then took the paperwork to the vehicle registration office and left 30 minutes later with $90 less money in my bank account and a number plate and a new title! Really is easy. I had a local vehicle inspection station that is used to doing dirt bike inspections, so that made it a lot easier. If you are anywhere near McKinney let me know and I can give you the details, they were really helpful.

Gary

Last edited:
Back