• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SL350s

Thanks Leon. I was hoping for a "tape" but this looks like the answer.

I have a friend in Mexico with a 1970 SL350 in need of 66mm piston and ring set, 2mm oversize. I found Wiseco on Ebay at $300/pr, are there any other sources for something less expensive?

That's great. These buggers are getting harder to find. I bought a 1mm over for my next overhaul about 3 years ago from Western Hills Honda. Not cheaply either.

I think we can break some CB, CL and SL for their pistons for the time being but junkyard rings might be a problem.

One of my favorite bikes at Barber....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 248
After riding Davis, OK and the area a couple months ago, the old SL was beaten up pretty good. I have replaced the fork seals, the gear shift, the headlight and I can't remember what else. Yesterday I put it on the lift to tighten the chain and noticed the chain was "bouncing" - just not a smooth flow at all. Now the chain has about a 1000 miles on it and is in pretty good condition. I opened the sidecover and found a busted front sprocket.

23500220670_0d43efbb86_n.jpg

Now this would mean a trip to the local dealer for most guys but this is a 45 yo Honda. Took hours and all I could find was a 14T (I needed a 16T) and another in the Netherlands. Finally I searched by partno and a shop in OKC popped up and it said they had one NOS. I ordered it immediately.

It is called "Downtown OKC". Does anyone know them. It is paid for but I am a bit anxious.

Glad I found this broken cog before it ate itself up at 65 mph.:huh2:

Re part nos

I've found searching by part numbers, though definitely the way to go, is only somewhat effective for hard-to-find parts for my old bikes...many dealership websites will say they have part when they actually don't. Helps to call and ask "do you really have this part?" A parts guy who's feeling helpful can check other dealerships' inventories, which tend to be more accurate than websites, to see what they actually have in stock. Even then, I usually call the dealership they say has it and ask them to physically check to see it it's really there. A good feeling when the parts guy tells you "I've got it in my hand."

Last edited:
I read half of this thread, thinking it was from last week, then discovered I was looking at 2012 posts. Hahahaha, to think I almost replied to a couple with friendly advice.

It is running great. I found an OEM sproket from an OKC bike store that had a bunch of old parts. Went to run the Bluebonnets a couple of times once with another SL350 rider from here on TWT! One of the two ct90s has the head and jug at Plano Power for a bore and valve job so I am running the SL almost daily.

Did you find pipes for your SL, Donson?

Shadman, lets do another Dos Y Dos ride on the east side of the state. There is a tiddler ride in Center this weekend but I can't get there. You know I missed the entire DOSYDOS at BB cause my friend's stator on his DR broke. Worked out ok cause we had done a full day at the ranch and I sprained my leg pretty bad on a tumble at the ranch on the ct.

Hey, feel free to add advice anyways! It's all good.

Glad to hear it!
My SL-350 had good pipes, remember?
It now has the good sidecovers from MarblesMotors.
I still have not restored it, but it is safe and dry and warm.

HondaSL-350keeper001.jpg

26205206852_8f803bef5a_n.jpg

Let's get 3 SL350s on a ride. The rider in the picture is TWTer Nace Salomone.

I loved the old SL350s, never owned one, I always bought Yams from Carters in Farmers Branch but a friend had a red 71 that He let me ride when it was minty fresh and that sound and feel was just so good.

I do like the sound even though the old pipes are long gone. It has CB350 pipes and they are close sound wise. Put new rear brakes on today and am ready for it to stop raining long enough to ride again.

Hard to find accessories. My buddy Rick helped fashion a rear rack but I really need to make a pan to keep rocks from punching the case. I see them for sale but not for my model (K1).

Back