• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM 500 EXC in Richmond?

Guess it's just me, but seems high for 3 year old bike, no matter the milage.

I called the guy last week, he has sold it already just hasn't pulled the listing. He said he sold it for $7,500. That would have been a very fair price I think.

Looks like Scott and I are in competition to find a killer used 500 :)

I called the guy last week, he has sold it already just hasn't pulled the listing. He said he sold it for $7,500. That would have been a very fair price I think.

Looks like Scott and I are in competition to find a killer used 500 :)

With the milage that is closer!!

Weeks ago I sent him message after message asking him to call me and no response.
He must have already sold it long before that.
I am also looking for a 500 EXC to replace my DRZ400.

Funny, I sent him a message weeks ago too, no response, so I finally called him and he answered right away.

Great, now there are three of us in this competition. Maybe I should just go get the brand new 2017 from TJ's !!!!

Funny, I sent him a message weeks ago too, no response, so I finally called him and he answered right away.

Great, now there are three of us in this competition. Maybe I should just go get the brand new 2017 from TJ's !!!!

I've ridden one, you would be a very HAPPY rider!:rider: The difference in weight is amazing!

Last edited:
Weeks ago I sent him message after message asking him to call me and no response.
He must have already sold it long before that.
I am also looking for a 500 EXC to replace my DRZ400.

You too will be a very happy rider! You can ride trails with me then!

I hope I am not jacking your thread Scott.
I talked to this guy several times on buying his KTM 500
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111999&highlight=ktm+500
and each time he was telling me why I would not like a 500 and should consider the 690.
I told him I would come up to Waco on Saturday to buy it and the next day he texted me to say he decided to trade it in. I figure there must have been something wrong with it that he was not disclosing and he had second thoughts about sticking someone with it.
That is the only thing I can figure.

:tab From what I have seen, everyone seems to be asking prices ABOVE the full retail value per kbb.com, even for older bikes. Maybe they are actually getting these prices?

:tab I am not actually serious about buying at this time, unless a crazy deal falls in my lap :deal: I was just kind of poking around to get a feel for what the market might be like right now :ponder:

:tab SB, that listing on Advrider says the bike is sold as of last Sunday, pending funds. No idea of that has gone through though.

:tab Danny, I doubt if James was trying to offload a problem bike without disclosing the problem. I would not expect that of him. I think it much more likely that he just had his eye on a new bike and wanted it bad enough that he wasn't willing to wait for the 500 to sell ;-)

:tab Before I do anything, I would need to get my 530 sold. At a minimum, I need to stick a new pilot jet in the carb again, change the oil, and put a new rear tire on it first. Other than that, it is pretty much ready for adventure! The front and rear suspension was totally rebuilt less than 500 miles ago. I think of selling it, then I go ride it... It really is a fun bike. I'm just ready for FI though :shrug:

...:tab SB, that listing on Advrider says the bike is sold as of last Sunday, pending funds. No idea of that has gone through though...

Correct that is why I advised to contact the seller and get second in line. For non local forums, I've seen online sales via PM commitments fall out more than they complete as promised. Once sale falls out someone else will most likely get the jump on it. If you're in the wings you should get contacted prior to online posting.

_

Back