• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TxDOT County Road Mapping On Line

I do like how you can pan into the next map unlike the county grid maps, however printing may not be as easy. I played around and found if you select "Functional Classification & Urban Areas" from the menu on the left and then go to the top and select "Legend" you can start to get the feel of the type of road you are dealing with. I would like to be able to see surface type.

Thanks I will definitely be using this.:flip:

Generally Google maps has sufficient clarity to see road surface type.

Thanks for that.. not sure what the date is on that map, or if that data s-date is for the whole thing..But Im sure it is at least 9 years old, as the State renamed all of the country roads here in Kempner to Numbers more than 9 years ago and that map still has them as the old naming convention.
Just food for thought as you find a road mapped not on the ground, or road in front of you not on the map.

Back