• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SF dirt biker road rage...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
Whether they are in a mall or riding motorcycles, they are THUGS, and there's only one way to deal with thugs. They are like wolves, they pick out the weak stragglers and pounce. It's going to take one person ratting them out so authorities can be there when they do their next ride. Even then it would be hard to catch them.

A couple of years ago, I was getting gas at the station next to Woody's. One pulled in as I was pumping gas. The person pulled up beside me looking over to see my reaction I guess. The person sat there revving the engine then followed me as I pulled out. Then drove along beside me till I turned off. I more or less drove along as if the person wasn't there. As I turned they went on. Hasn't happened since then. I think they get their kicks out of seeing what it takes to push someone's button to reactionary mode. Not sure of the correct response, but I have always considered that for a person to pull a weapon, that should be the very last resort in a life and death situation. Those kinds of people are already in some form of mindset to react to any situation, that is part of their adrenaline rush.

Whether is outrageous squids on 2 wheels, or angry drivers on 4 wheels, the best technique most of the time is to totally ignore them, pretend you don't even know they're there. Takes the wind out of their sails most of the time.

Whether they are in a mall or riding motorcycles, they are THUGS, and there's only one way to deal with thugs. They are like wolves, they pick out the weak stragglers and pounce. It's going to take one person ratting them out so authorities can be there when they do their next ride. Even then it would be hard to catch them.

this is what i call "self policing". just sayin

All,

Thanks for your comments. Please, let's be kind to each other. My reaction is to be a competent, safe and courteous rider and driver on moto, bicycle or in car.

In most cases their intentions are not to harm motorists but to put up a show and display their "group straights". Just stay back and watch the show. Pass when it's safe and go on. Eventually they'll take an exit rather soon as they know that someone will call cops on them.
It looks as the guy in white car (sec. 33) tried to mess with them which is never good.
Same was the case with the SUV in NYC.

tshelfer, just out of curiosity, is there a pretext for the biker who cut you off and brake-checked? (Or he just doesn't like VStroms)

Last edited:
Yes, but only if your neither piece has been moved since the beginning of the game and the king does not pass through or land in a threatened square.

I see what you did there, I guess you had to get that off your chess.

In most cases their intentions are not to harm motorists but to put up a show and display their "group straights". Just stay back and watch the show. Pass when it's safe and go on. Eventually they'll take an exit rather soon as they know that someone will call cops on them.
It looks as the guy in white car (sec. 33) tried to mess with them which is never good.
Same was the case with the SUV in NYC.

tshelfer, just out of curiosity, is there a pretext for the biker who cut you off and brake-checked? (Or he just doesn't like VStroms)

Nope, he just did it. Then he moved on and, 100 yards ahead of me, did it to a small car. The "pretext" was that I was there. I'm sure you don't mean to imply anything.

Nope, he just did it. Then he moved on and, 100 yards ahead of me, did it to a small car. The "pretext" was that I was there. I'm sure you don't mean to imply anything.
Not implying anything, just an unusual occurrence.
People are crazy

Of course, all those "bikers" are just criminals on stolen bikes. no license plates, & I'm sure no insurance or drivers license.

Also notice, they seldom try their assaults anywhere that law abiding citizens can lawfully carry concealed.

I'd like to see them try that stunt here in Texas. Bubba would fill them so full of lead, they'd be using certain body parts as a pencil.
hi-cap glock mags to the rescue.

I have no good ideas. These idiots are no more respectful to riders than they are to cars & trucks. In fact, I had one move over 2 lanes, then pass my VStrom within my own lane and cut me off & brake check me so sharply that he was clearly trying to cause a fall. And I've read similar experiences on TWT.

Tim, now you know why I rarely meet you guys for gatherings.

I prefer not to be in those situations. So the best defense is just not play in those reindeer game fields.

Get out, stay in, both can have negative effects depending on how the situation unfolds. They didn't call it a death trap at the academy for no reason. Regardless, awareness and avoidance go along way but when it is time to fight, you better have worked that out in your head beforehand. CA blows even if it can and does happen elsewhere. Use the car, use a gun, heck, use a ball peen hammer. You have the rest of your life to solve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Whenever squids show up I just slow down and wave them on, then take the first turn off if I get eyeball. I've even applauded and thumbs upped some of their stunts and they seem to appreciate that. Follow 2wheelieadv's advice, just back off and enjoy the show. Back off and allow a couple cars ahead of you--I was following a group of squids that passed me and the cop pulled me over since I was only about 100 yards behind the last of their group. I was fortunate the officer knew enough about bikes to realize a TW200 did not fit in with the squid's sportbikes so he let me go.

Back