• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$50K GS1150 "four wheeler"

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
http://www.gizmag.com/go/5595/

5595_60506112937.jpg

Suh-Weet!!!!!

Of course, you do lose out on the knee-dragging experiences... And 50K is a bit pricey for something like this, but it is all custom made... Too Cool.

My Dad has a GS Adv. just like that, side car and all!!! Thats a so weird that someone has the same color bike and everything. His side car is a little different, bit still the same!

Ignorant question time...

Why the knobby on the side car? It's not a driven or steering wheel so what's the benefit?

I can guess just better durability in the rough stuff, but any other reason?

Continuity. It just wouldn't look right with a different tire. Might handle funny, too.

hmm, from the article they mention "custom paint from Mild to Wild" thats the place on I35W in Burleson right??

I like that GSA hack!! I could have a lot of fun with that!

do they make a 2wd option??

Texas T said:
Ignorant question time...

Why the knobby on the side car? It's not a driven or steering wheel so what's the benefit?

I can guess just better durability in the rough stuff, but any other reason?

A couple of reason's, In an off camber situation the knob on the sidecar gives better traction to keep the rig from sliding sideways since with a hack the bike will not be vertical to gravity it will be leaning downgrade. Which by the way is very strange feeling to a motorcyclist.
The other is that rig has had the sidecar wheel changed so it is the same as the rear of the BMW, so giving the intended purpose of an adventure rig if there was a problem the wheels could be interchanged. Such as the rear tire on the bike is worn smooth just swap wheel and all with the hack and go on your way.

Back