• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I started smoking yesterday.

I still do. In fact I was up at Red River earlier today riding it around. It is the biggest cheater bike out there due to the light weight and Rekluse clutch.

Why does everyone keep bringing up Red River when I have a banged up ankle? It's a conspiracy I tell ya lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'll be smoking again soon. Getting quotes as we speak.

I have it on good authority that someone else started smoking, of the green variety :D

I rode the KTM 125sx and 150sx, I can see why you 2smoke guys love em. I could really see myself loving it too once I got use to it.
But alas, my budget doesn't match my desire to try new toys :tears:

I have it on good authority that someone else started smoking, of the green variety :D

Yep, the Wife started smoking yesterday. We are taking her new-to-her KX100 out to Trophy Club tomorrow for a quick shakedown. Once we do that a few times we will make the trek up to Red River.

I took it for a test ride, and that little thing has some major get up and go for just being a 100. I was quite surprised.

Yep, the Wife started smoking yesterday. We are taking her new-to-her KX100 out to Trophy Club tomorrow for a quick shakedown. Once we do that a few times we will make the trek up to Red River.

I took it for a test ride, and that little thing has some major get up and go for just being a 100. I was quite surprised.

My buddy's 15 year old daughter has been racing/riding a KX100 for the last 3 years. It's a heckuva fun little bike. I'm always surprised by just how fast they actually are even with a fat old man riding it. LOL He's moving her up to a KX250F for next year.

How is the Trophy Club park and does it require a spark arrestor? I know they require the OHV sticker.

Am I the only one that used Duralube. I had 2 Can-Ams, 2 Husqvarnas, 1 YZ 250 and 2 KTMs, all 2 strokes during the 70s and 80s. I ran it in everyone of them. They were all used on the Texas State Enduro Series, TRH Enduros and Hare Scrambles and about 6 National Enduros and Hare Scrambles and I never popped the head off of any of the bikes. Most bikes had near 2000 hard dirt miles on them and still running good before selling them for the next one. Don't know if they still make it but I was a believer.

How is the Trophy Club park and does it require a spark arrestor? I know they require the OHV sticker.

It is small, but okay if you only have a couple of hours to ride. It is all four wheeler sized trails, either very hard packed or very sandy. I haven't had a sticker in over two years as they have stopped selling them or asking about them. I am not sure if they required spark arrestors, but they certainly don't check for them.

Am I the only one that used Duralube. I had 2 Can-Ams, 2 Husqvarnas, 1 YZ 250 and 2 KTMs, all 2 strokes during the 70s and 80s. I ran it in everyone of them. They were all used on the Texas State Enduro Series, TRH Enduros and Hare Scrambles and about 6 National Enduros and Hare Scrambles and I never popped the head off of any of the bikes. Most bikes had near 2000 hard dirt miles on them and still running good before selling them for the next one. Don't know if they still make it but I was a believer.

Duralube is sold now as Champion. Same exact stuff.

Just a heads up, the park is closed in the morning due to a 5k race.

Just a heads up, the park is closed in the morning due to a 5k race.

Dang it... why didn't I read this before I got the bikes loaded up on the trailer?!?!?!:giveup: Thank you for the heads up on it. I would have hated to drive out there only to see it closed for the day. Will they be open on Sunday?

We made it out today; rolled through the gate around 10:30 with no holdups. Good times learning a 2 stroke! :flip:

Back