• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Log riding

I'm not sure where your from but Crooked creek used to have a nice log in front of the house for practicing this skill. It had a low side to roll over, a mid height to practice proper technique and a tall spot that you had to get right or go OTB. Your KDX should have no problem, some would say it is the ideal bike for the job.

And you don't need a lot of land to build skills. I spend a lot of time doing first gear full lock figure 8's in my driveway and riding over landscape timbers like a balance beam and hopping them diagnaly. There is a steep drop off to my road that I also do circles on and slowly ride up and down. The biggest thing I think is learning to stay centered on the bike, you'll be amazed at what it can do if you just stay out of the way.

I'm not sure where your from but Crooked creek used to have a nice log in front of the house for practicing this skill. It had a low side to roll over, a mid height to practice proper technique and a tall spot that you had to get right or go OTB. Your KDX should have no problem, some would say it is the ideal bike for the job.

And you don't need a lot of land to build skills. I spend a lot of time doing first gear full lock figure 8's in my driveway and riding over landscape timbers like a balance beam and hopping them diagnaly. There is a steep drop off to my road that I also do circles on and slowly ride up and down. The biggest thing I think is learning to stay centered on the bike, you'll be amazed at what it can do if you just stay out of the way.

There's an elementary school nearby. Wonder if I could practice in the parking lot. After hours of course. Nice curbs there. Even a big ditch. I thought about buying a CRF 150 F, or something similar, something less obnoscious to neighbors.

Hey some of us fat guys can ride............:eat:

I will forever think of you as Fluffy Bill

As a matter of fact that sounds like a good board name ditch Tech51 and go with FluffyBill the man the myth the legend:rider:

Back