• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Last minute Ellis County ride, 12-31-16

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Anyone interested. I've lead a few groups here in the past but its been a long time.

Weather's looking good. Leaving from Exxon in Maypearl at the corner of 157 & 66. KSU probably about 9:30 but flexible on that.

As many dirt roads as possible with a some pavement linking them together. I'm not sure the mileage but I did about 100 miles out there the other day and will extend that some.

I'll be riding the DRZ but it's big bike friendly for the most part. A few places they've laid down new gravel/rock about 2/3's the size of a baseball and it hasn't broken up yet. There also a few dried ruts where pick ups went through it when it was wet. If you have a 1.9 gallon tank you will want to tote another gallon of gas along.

The pace is somewhere in between racing and teaching you how to ride on a dirt road.

If there's no one interested I might sleep in instead, so post up if you have any interest.

Anyone interested. I've lead a few groups here in the past but its been a long time.

Weather's looking good. Leaving from Exxon in Maypearl at the corner of 157 & 66. KSU probably about 9:30 but flexible on that.

As many dirt roads as possible with a some pavement linking them together. I'm not sure the mileage but I did about 100 miles out there the other day and will extend that some.

I'll be riding the DRZ but it's big bike friendly for the most part. A few places they've laid down new gravel/rock about 2/3's the size of a baseball and it hasn't broken up yet. There also a few dried ruts where pick ups went through it when it was wet. If you have a 1.9 gallon tank you will want to tote another gallon of gas along.

The pace is somewhere in between racing and teaching you how to ride on a dirt road.

If there's no one interested I might sleep in instead, so post up if you have any interest.
Big Pie Run in Crocket tomorro Steve.... lotsa folks goin there

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

I know Rod but I'm kind of a wuss and not wanting you go that far. I'd have to leave a lot earlier and get home later. I saw your post earlier and it was tempting to go down today and room with you though. See my above about being a wuss.

I saw the wet on the radar earlier this morning but we didn't get it up here. Ellis County can take a LITTLE wet but that's it.

Back