• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Barnwell 12-30

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
I am seriously considering taking my TransAlp up to Barnwell next Friday morning. Who here wants to follow a heavy bike at a snail's pace around the park? I'm thinking I would try to get up there by 9 and ride till about lunch time.

At this point I am going for sure. I'd love to have company if anyone is on the fence.

But I wanted a workout. :(

Lol. Time is probably going to be closer to 10. I have an 8:15 dr appointment Friday morning. May go straight from appointment if I feel like wearing my mx boots to the doctor.

But I wanted a workout. :(

Then may I suggest shortcutting down Clyde's Ravine and giving Pine Hill Run a go. Or, doing the whole southeast side. "Over the Hill".
Let us know here if it was a workout please.

jb

Pine Hill Run isn't ringing a bell. I've definitely eyeballed Clyde's Ravine while traversing it in a 4-wheeled conveyance and wondered if the TA could handle it.
I'm definitely planning on sticking to the access roads and blue ADV route this time out. I'm sure that will be plenty of a challenge/fun on a 440# bike. Especially since it looks to be a solo day.
This will be my first time out there on 2 wheels.

Clyde's Ravine is an access road.

The blue ADV no longer exist.
Any blue marker seen are old and just haven't been pulled down.
The entire property has been remarked with arrows plus new signage.
Supposedly new maps are to follow.

Basically, in regards to 2 wheelers, what was the blue is now yellow.
The hairiest stuff is red.
In regards to 440 lbs, there is some yellow marked single track that will question your choices made.
I suggest at the very least, carry some water and maybe a snack.

jb

Last edited:
Definitely took water and snack. Also took tools in mag mount tank bag, which was a mistake.
I survived, the bike 95% survived. I am sore. Definitely too big a a bike for the single track part of yellow. Tons of fun on all the double track portions and access roads.
More in depth report coming eventually.

Back