• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ER-6i sound isolator earbuds

Reaction score
I saw a thread on these things. Since I did the motorcycle survey the other day I had an extra $75 burning a hole. They came to $95 shipped off Amazon.

So.... These things are great. Never tried them before but I always hated trying tunes on the bike. At highway speeds I get a wooshing noise that's it. I set the volume before I left home and it was fine. Pretty impressive methinks especially since the Z has no fairing to speak of and the old Shoei isn't the quietest. The Shoei is not bad but I expect the newer ones are better.

Definitley pleased with this one. I'll have to be even more careful now to avoid tickets...

Next up heavy metal while dirtbiking. Always works on the videos :rofl:

I swear by mine. I've purchased several pairs for friends and family over the last few months. I worn them for 12+ hours at a time with no discomfort. I've tried cheaper and more expensive alternatives, but I've yet to find anything better than the ER6i's.

I bought the Westone UM2 a few months ago to go with my iPod. I do a lot of flying and the noise reduction is incredible. I have to take one out to hear the flight attendant. They are inside your ear canal with a foam plug that looks like a ear plug. I can sleep with my ear on a pillow, something I could not do with the ear buds that came with the iPod. The noise reduction would be too much for motorcycle use.

I had never tried any before other than my brothers Bose. They won't fit in the helmet. I was skeptical on an earbud but not any more. No doubt there are better but for under $100 I'm happy. That's still twice what I paid for the MP3.

BMW-K on STN swears by them and has conviced many people to buy them as well. I'm interested, but I'm too cheap ;)

I noticed the other day that Bose has a new set of ear buds coming out soon. if they sound anything like my Triport headphones I may just have to get a set of them!!

The Etymotics are not called ear buds, they are more like in-ear speakers. I use the foam tips instead of the silicone tips as I find them more comfortable. They work just like foam ear plugs.

I spent much more trying to find "cheaper" options, I should have just bought them to begin with.

I've had Etymotic ER-4P's since they came out (let's just say well over 5 years), and continue to be impressed with them :)

I have the Phillips SBC HN060
Besides the active noise cancelation on/off it has a volume switch on the control body I love it its great!
SRAD

I have these:

Sony MDR-EX51LP "In Ear" Earbuds - $29.99
sony_mdr-ex51lp.jpg

I love them. They are as comfortable as wearing earplugs (I've slept in them too) and come with small, med, and large rubber pieces so you can customize a little to your ears, ensuring a comfortable fit. The only real issue I have would be the same with any higher-priced pair - I always seem to catch the cord on something at my neck and tug on them to where one is half out of my ear.

I have a cord winder to keep all the excess length manageable (made by Aerostitch, and worth every penny - 3 for $9), and I ran an extension from the clutch resorvoir cover where the MP3 player is mounted down under the fairing and I plug in the cord at the bottom of my jacket to the extension end right where the seat hits the tank.

I rode w/ the ones Rebecca had for a long time until my wife tried them and won't give them back.

CompUSA in Irving was closing and I saw these Rivet Ear Buds that are like a necklace and the cords don't get tangled. There is a lanyard to connect to your player (I use a Creative Muvo 512mb). Reg. price: $50 but on sale for
$19 - What do I have to lose???? 2 days of listening on scooter at hwy. speeds and I give them a big thumbs up. I hear the music better than the Sony's and noise isolation is better as well.

I got to resort to the poor man's speakers since I didn't want to pay too much.

sharkey said:
I rode w/ the ones Rebecca had for a long time until my wife tried them and won't give them back.

Strange coincidence - that's how I "acquired" them! :trust:

Back