• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tell me about soft luggage

Reaction score
I think I want to put soft saddlebags on my strom 1k. Which ones are the best for the money? Which size seems to be the optimum?? I have looked at cortech, nelson rigg, roadgear, etc.... I just am looking for some that will not have to be replaced every year. Thanks for your help!!!

Just wondering.... why do you want soft luggage?

I like the hard stuff because I feel my 'stuff' is more secure when I leave the bike in a parking lot, etc.

Well, I was just looking at cost, but you have a valid point. I really like the Pelican set up, either Caribou or the SW Motec racks and 1550s. Does hard luggage affect the handling much??? I know they cost more, but its a one time investment. I have already ordered crash bars for it, got to farkle it up early and often I suppose.

I did the Pelican w/SW Moto setup and couldn 't have been more pleased. I also have a Marsee Teardrop 15L tank bag left over. It uses straps instead of the magnetic version. Let me know if it is something you would be interested in. $75 delivered

I think I could put the pelican set up together for around $400 or so, That sound about right??? How hard was it to mount the bags to the racks???

I used smaller cases, but you get the idea.

IMG_0839.jpg

Ah, I disagree about the hard cases. And I ride a Goldwing. Traveling with hard cases that don't just pop off is a pain.

I had a set of Oxford Sport soft bags, that were the best things I've ever seen. Lots of pockets, lots of room, no pain about overstuffing, built-in rain covers (hardly needed, as the nylon is practically waterproof on its own). They make a matching tail bag, too. I've said many, many times I would prefer those bags for a long tour over the hard bags on the Wing. Takes just a second to pop them off and carry them into the hotel room. Or tent. No, not a tent, not me.

Well I thought about the handiness of the soft bags like the SB900 bags, I have a top case already. so I could just throw these on when I needed them. If I go hard bags it will be the pelicans, but the soft bags seem awful handy!!!

Back