• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Texas Adventure Ride & Texas Adventure Challenge, Apr 19-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, street only or dual sport capable vintage/small bikes? I think I could come up with a moderately interesting loop up to Ft. McKavett. Only about 110 miles, but at a leisurely pace and some time visiting the Ft., it could be a good day loop.

The Harvest Festival had a tiddler run for 200cc or less. I showed up on the SL350 and was not allowed in the run. So I went the same course but opposite direction.

About 2 years ago we had a thread about running tiddlers (200cc) around a lake but it never gelled.

Old street tiddlers with off-road tires is how I got started riding. It must be a lost art.

:wave:

Me...me......I have a little 200....would LOVE something for "lame ducks"!!!!!

:wave:

Me...me......I have a little 200....would LOVE something for "lame ducks"!!!!!

I'll be riding the TAR part instead of the TAC this year. One of the days I usually end up leading a group of the newer/slower riders just to make sure they have a good time and get an idea of how it works. I'll probably do that again this year. The other day I go have fun on my own :rider:

I'll be riding the TAR part instead of the TAC this year. One of the days I usually end up leading a group of the newer/slower riders just to make sure they have a good time and get an idea of how it works. I'll probably do that again this year. The other day I go have fun on my own :rider:

Woo hoo....I might get to ride with Rusty....not just always talk to you ;-)

OK, now I'm seriously considering this one, we can't do Uncles on bikes, tho we may be there for some hiking to get Lisa's ankle back in shape... so I'm gonna throw out a request for a roomie or rider from the Austin area, because Wayman can't make this one. I Hope to ride with the likes of Arnold or Scott....but would be OK truckin out with somebody from the Austin area if someone needs a trailer. I'm in Elgin, so headed west would be no prob.

OK... I'm 90% in but OH...... is it the TAR or the TAC . I'm going to miss Uncles this year because of schedule conflict but I can't take not riding Junction.

Prove it! She hates gravel even more than I do - but I'll have a full custom suspension in my KLR by then...and the Dubbie will be stock. Hope to see you there.

I LOVE gravel!!! And dirt and grass, I don't care for roads at all. I did the "Roll the Bones" in October (my very first rally) and had the time of my life!!!

So....this weekend I'm gonna get my behind in gear and all my ducks in a row (registration and hotel) and I WILL see you there :rider:

Prove it! She hates gravel even more than I do - but I'll have a full custom suspension in my KLR by then...and the Dubbie will be stock. Hope to see you there.

She handled that gravel pretty well on the way to Peguis Canyon last year. :eek2:

I am in for TAR !!! Sent Richard my registration and booked the hotel in Junction.
Planning to be in the Johnson City/ Frederickburg area the weekend before-- riding around and doing the tourist thing.
Cotton

Signed up for TAR today. Will be with 5 other Sidewinders M/C members. Recall we put on the Sidewinders Enduro south of Bastrop for many years until land development pretty much killed it. Will also have our member - Stan Simpson - Chairman of the Board of the AMA with us.

NOTE: Best Western has no more rooms with 2 beds left. Only ones with a Kingsize bed.

Ruff Rider
G650GS
CRF302F
NX250
Harley Ultra Limited

I have a question:

I just tried to make reservations in Del Rio for the posted rate. And I did mention that I'm with the motorcycle group. They said to me that they don't have anything for that rate or show any group for that weekend.

So, did the rates already go up or did someone have a daft cow moment?

I have a question:

I just tried to make reservations in Del Rio for the posted rate. And I did mention that I'm with the motorcycle group. They said to me that they don't have anything for that rate or show any group for that weekend.

Were you going to do the TAR or TAC? TAR is just doing day loops around Junction. TAC is riding from Junction to Del Rio on a mix of dirt and highway, spending the night, then riding back on other roads. I figured you would just do the TAR and stick near Junction. If you are only doing TAR, then no need for reservations in Del Rio, only Junction. I'm doing TAR, by the way.

Were you going to do the TAR or TAC? TAR is just doing day loops around Junction. TAC is riding from Junction to Del Rio on a mix of dirt and highway, spending the night, then riding back on other roads. I figured you would just do the TAR and stick near Junction. If you are only doing TAR, then no need for reservations in Del Rio, only Junction. I'm doing TAR, by the way.

DUH....the official daft cow moment goes to me then..........:clap:

I'm "only" doing the TAR, too.

I have a question:

I'll call the motel in Del Rio today to see if I can straighten this out. Even though you are riding TAR and not TAC the motel in Del Rio wouldn't know that and should have given you the rate for TAC participants.

I just got off the phone with the GM at Motel 6. She is going to remind all the clerks about TAC and the discount rate we are receiving.

Rooms are $39.99 for a single or double. The motel is in the middle of remodeling now but this should be complete by the time TAC rolls around. The GM tells me the remodel is very nice. All the rooms will be remodeled to include;

32in. flat screens
Laminate flooring
Micro/fridge
WIFI
Coffee in the lobby

Last edited:
I haven't been keeping up w all the posts, but I would like to put this out there: If somebody wants to share a room in Junc or Del R, or if somebody wants to trailer out together from Austin area, let me know, PM or txprimate@gmail.com.

Reeshard, I will get registered soon. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back