• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD - 1974 Kawasaki F7, 175, 2 Stroke Rotary, Original Owner, 757 Miles

FiddyK

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
*** SOLD ****

Posting this for my neighbor. His dad bought this bike brand new in 1974 :clap: I can vouch for this bike and the seller. You can pm me or him (roomie92). Located in Round Rock.

My father bought this brand new for my mother in 1974 (he had already bought himself a 1972 F7, which we still have as well), while he was stationed in Alabama in the Air Force. It is completely original and all there, with the exception of a fairly new battery. It only has 757 miles on it. It is a rotary 2 stroke 175cc motor, with a an oil injector (no mixing gas and oil). It runs great. It has a hanging idle issue sometimes when it gets warm. It is completely ride-able as is, but want to mention this. It is not a museum piece, but is in incredible condition for a 1974. The picture with the mirror in it shows the blue film still on the mirror. The blinkers and mirror were removed when it was new, and have just recently been put back on. The OEM blinkers in this good of shape (look brand new) go for $200-$300 by themselves on flebay. It has the original key for the ignition and the helmet lock. It sat in my fathers garage for almost 30 years. There were pool chemicals in the garage, and as a result, there are some rust spots here and there, as seen in the pics. I would like to sell locally, so will try here first. Bike is located in Round Rock. Asking $1,800 on CL, $1,500 to a TWTer. No title, as Alabama did not issue titles for motorcycles in 1974. Bill of sale provided. I am happy to provide additional information or pics of anything in particular that you would like to see.

f7_01.jpg

f7_02.jpg

f7_03.jpg

f7_04.jpg

f7_05.jpg

f7_06.jpg

f7_07.jpg

f7_08.jpg

f7_09.jpg

f7_10.jpg

f7_11.jpg

f7_12.jpg

f7_13.jpg

f7_14.jpg

f7_15.jpg

f7_16.jpg

f7_17.jpg

Re: 1974 Kawasaki F7, 175, 2 Stroke Rotary, Original Owner, 757 Miles

awesome.

If this bike was a "BigHorn".... I would be all over it..............:rider:

If this bike was a "BigHorn".... I would be all over it..............:rider:

I can't imagine the 350. This "little" 175 two smoker has lots of power!

I had one just like it. Rode it on the freeway to work, held 65 mph no problem.

Wonderful bike.

:clap:

Extremely interested. PM coming...

very cool but way way to nice for me to tear up lol

How does that oil injection work. Why dont all 2 strokes have that ?

How does that oil injection work. Why dont all 2 strokes have that ?

Fine, when they work, but sometimes they don't ... not often, but sometimes.
Wouldn't you rather know you burned the engine up because you forgot to mix oil in the gas than that the blinkety-blank pump fritzed? :rider:

Almost everyones street legal 2 strokes had oil injection in the 70s
MX bikes lost it as extra weight and complication

poor maintenance and some finicky systems and the general I forgot to fill the tank led to many a seized motor

I saw that some of the new injected 2 strokes that are being tested in Europe have gone back to an injection tank for precise metering to help with emissions

I have a similar bike (my ke175) and it is a ton of fun! Light, plenty of power, good comfortable ergonomics - just a great all around city bike. I'm sure it'd be fun in the country too!!!

GLWS!

Fine, when they work, but sometimes they don't ... not often, but sometimes.
Wouldn't you rather know you burned the engine up because you forgot to mix oil in the gas than that the blinkety-blank pump fritzed? :rider:

My good friend that sold thousands of Kawasaki two strokes during the late 60's, 70's, and 80's NEVER witnessed a Kawasaki oil pump failure. And still hasn't for that matter. I had the smaller brother 125 F6 and my riding bud had a 175 F7 just like this one. Those little rotary valve motors are tough as nails and put out impressive ponies for their size. Nice survivor!!

Yep saw this one on craigslist. Too nice to last long. Gosh these extra nice rides always come up when i am busted.:angryfire Love to have this but it ain't gonna happen. Good luck FK with your buddies bike sale. Hope you land this one Jeff.

My good friend that sold thousands of Kawasaki two strokes during the late 60's, 70's, and 80's NEVER witnessed a Kawasaki oil pump failure. And still hasn't for that matter. I had the smaller brother 125 F6 and my riding bud had a 175 F7 just like this one. Those little rotary valve motors are tough as nails and put out impressive ponies for their size. Nice survivor!!

Kaw rebuilt my 350 motor 4 times before they replaced the oil pump.... the Kaw rep thought it was ME tearing up the motors... so after the 3rd rebuild he took it out before the dealer call me to come pick it up... it made it less that 3 miles before it tore the crank out of it... There were no more OEM rotary valves in the Houston/south TX. area, so the Kaw rep got me some 'race' parts (rotary valve, piston and head) for the rebuild.... my bike would lift the front wheel in 3rd gear....:trust:

Bike has sold. Enjoy the heck out of it Jeff!

It needs a bit of carb-care before that. I opened 'er up this afternoon, and it was really clean in there, for a 41 year old bike. But, something - actually multiple somethings - aren't quite right. Like I said: the project begins.

Back