• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Amber Visors

Bines

Reaction score
How do yall feel about looking through yellow visors? Does it jack with colors? How is it at shading your eyes from the sun?

Ive had one in the past. It didnt shield sunlight as much as I wanted but was better than clear. But compared to a smoke or mirror it is much better for a daily visor because you can see good at night. Just my 2 cents

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

I only use a clear shield on all my helmets. I put two strips of black electrical tape across the top of the shield and one at the very bottom of the shield. If I have the shield closed, I can tilt my head down a little to keep low sun out of my eyes. If I have the shield up, I can usually tilt up or down a little to keep my eyes in the shade. Cheap solution and I can use one shield day or night.

FWIW, use some sun screen, and ear plugs.

I mean drop down internal visors. Too much of my riding is in the dark for my primary wind screen visor to be tinted.

Clear visor, colored "sunglasses," $10 at Tractor Supply.
(Note: red lenses make red lights look like amber ones but red vehicles look like '65 Mustang "Poppy Red," i.e., orange - sorta cool if you remember the stoplights in town change colors and you can get seriously run over.)

I used to wear yellow glasses at night when I didn't wear a full face. Now I just have a clear and a smoke with me and change as appropriate.

I usually use a dark smoke shield and or sunglasses. I did find that an amber colored shield made the contrast better and therefore things appeared sharper in cloudy or low light conditions.

I just purchased some yellow tinted sunglasses along with some smoked ones. I have to say that even in the Florida sunshine, the yellow are great. I wear an Arai with a clear shield and carry both pair of glasses in my tank bag. I really only use the smoke colored ones when I am riding almost directly into the sun. I use the yellow ones the rest of the time. They just make everything more clear for me. Here are the ones I got. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/19184/i/bobster-shield-ii-sunglasses?WT.ac=SLIsearch
I am thinking of trying the orange pair. I hear they are even better than the yellow....but have never tried them.

Back