TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events > Ride/Trip Planning Info > Camping & Lodging

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 11-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
WhiskeySmith
Uff Da
Forum Supporter

Two Wheeled Texan Tent Surfing

If you have tent space to offer up to a fellow TWT member, please post your information to this thread. A placemark, with a link back to your post, will then be added to a (public) map.

Please include your basic location (i.e. City/State, Road Intersection, etc. But not address.) to make it easier to add a placemark on the map. Briefly describe what accommodations you have to offer (tent space, garage, bike tools, etc.) If you have accommodations for tree hangers (hammocks), you might include that information too. Then add your contact information (i.e. phone number, email address, or simply say “PM me”). After you are directly contacted by a potential TWT camper, you can give specific directions to your place.

Tent surfers, be sure to contact the tent space host as far in advance as possible.

The map is updated through post #30.

Last edited by WhiskeySmith; 04-25-2018 at 08:03 PM. Reason: update map info
WhiskeySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
wanabeguru

Re: Two Wheeled Texan Tent Surfing

I have tent space for a large or two small in the back yard next to fish pond with soothing waterfall. Can provide power, tools, hot shower[from small tank],etc. PM us[me an bride an killer watchdog; shizu]. Or seven zero seven, 845, four five zero nine.
Wally, Deedie and Max
Old 11-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
Texas T
Forum Supporter

Chandler Arizona: Riggs & I-10
Tent space under covered back patio
Spare bed - not as of Apr 2018 until my son finds a job out here
Garage - it will be a tight squeeze but I can get one bike in there
Tools

Dependent upon my work schedule.

PM me for availability

* Brian & Brenda * IBA 50053 & 50354 * IBA Atomic 1000 SS1K Founding riders * Tour Of Honor riders since 2012 * 2002 Goldwing

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." - Saint Augustine

Last edited by Texas T; 04-25-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Texas T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
mr-roboto

Lightbulb Re: Two Wheeled Texan Tent Surfing

I suggest Scott Tourmeister set-up a RAN list on TWTEX. It would be called the Rider Assisted Network. It would list members on TWTEX who offer services such as garage use, trailer service and or perhaps tent areas available to it's members categorized by region perhaps city or even state. I am attaching a screen shot of RAN listing used by the ST-owners.com web site.

RB
Attached Thumbnails
ran-list.jpg  
Old 11-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
wanabeguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySmith View Post
If you have tent space to offer up to a fellow TWT member, please post your information to this thread. A placemark, with a link back to your post, will then be added to a (public) map.

Please include your basic location (i.e. City/State, Road Intersection, etc. But not address.) to make it easier to add a placemark on the map. Briefly describe what accommodations you have to offer (tent space, garage, bike tools, etc.) If you have accommodations for tree hangers (hammocks), you might include that information too. Then add your contact information (i.e. phone number, email address, or simply say PM me). After you are directly contacted by a potential TWT camper, you can give specific directions to your place.

To those looking for a place to pitch your tent or hang your hammock, here is a map. Be sure to contact the tent space host as far in advance as possible.

The map is updated through post #3.
What password is google looking for? TWT or email?
Old 11-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
wanabeguru

I also have tools and a carport if needed. Our gang has a tire changer in Eureka with reasonable access.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
BeemerlessBob
Forum Supporter

Sattler / Canyon Lake area (New Braunfels)

I have heated / air conditioned garage, tire changer and tools

Spare bedroom, an extra beer or two and wine.

Plus I have truck and trailer and willing to go pick up any stranded riders.

Too-fiv-fore seben-fore-fore four-fore-oh-to
Old 12-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
WhiskeySmith
Uff Da
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabeguru View Post
What password is google looking for? TWT or email?
I guess I posted the map link for editing. I have changed the map to use Google's "Classic Map". Should be working for everyone now. Sorry about that.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
beefsalad

San Antonio.

Tent Space, unconditioned garage space, spare bedroom, open couch space (can sleep 3+ on that alone!) some tools. I have a truck/trailer that can haul a stranded biker.

Last edited by beefsalad; 08-22-2017 at 08:46 PM.
beefsalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
ghostrider1964

I have 68 acres of rugged ground at my farm where I do the campouts. It has 2 concrete tables(shooting benches) and some "light duty" chairs(burn proof)
Large Firepit. No water or electricity at camp area but plenty of trees. I do have water and electricity up on main highway but too many houses around. I have inclosed my shop(5 miles from farm) and have tire changer, lifts, and tools. I can weld steel. I have trailer also. My cell number is 254/248-4848. The farm has no address but I have a map on my ART website in my sig line.
Here are coordinates: 31.501910, -97.673374

http://adventureridersoftexas.com
ROLL The Bones 8, October 213-15, 2017 http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:45 PM   #11
shovel

Can host people on the move, have tools and bike lift if needed, pitch your own tent or stay in the house. Nobody else lives there. Haltom City next to Fort Worth.

817-994-2223 Andre
shovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:01 AM   #12
beefsalad

Hoping to do some motocamping this fall/winter, anyone else possibly have a spot for a tent?
beefsalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:32 AM   #13
Hellwig

Lumberton, TX Hwy 69 and Mitchell Rd. Plenty of space for a tent, water and power if you need it and a shop with a fan and beer fridge. Dependent on my schedule, PM for details. Can also help stranded riders dependent on sched.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:50 AM   #14
BeemerlessBob
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsalad View Post
Hoping to do some motocamping this fall/winter, anyone else possibly have a spot for a tent?
We have space in Valley Miils (north of Waco)
Old 08-24-2016, 08:39 AM   #15
garfey
Forum Supporter

Thumbs up Re: Two Wheeled Texan Tent Surfing

NW Nac County off TX204, 23mi to either Nac or Jacksonville, walking distance to the Angelina River. Tent space for umpteen, water & electricity, maybe a little A/C'd camper if I ever get around to cleaning it, space heaters for tents or whatever if it's cold, prob'ly "hanging space" but likely not mowed 'mongst the trees, spare 8' couch, "guest bathroom," covered bike parking, tools, tire change "machine" (MRP stand w/bead breaker), trailer to come getcha if needed and not too far. Small stores, restaurant, and fuel within 5mi. Always something to drink on hand & serious coffee in the AM.

Direct access to the EasTX500 "track" via dirt roads you DO NOT want to be on after a good rain. Nice narrow oiltops thru the woods w/tree tunnels, bridges, and chances to get lost but you'll come out somewhere so who cares.

PM or Email - I might not be there.
(Sent from Illinois(e) <= they love that!)

Last edited by garfey; 08-24-2016 at 08:53 AM. Reason: to add really, realy mportant stuff, of course
garfey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 02:25 PM   #16
kickstand~prophet

I have space for tent campers,hammocks,small RV or trailers and plenty of room for bikes. Have tools and trucks/trailer to pick up stranded riders when not at work or help with repairs. Also have inside restroom and fire ring with a ton of firewood. Hopefully will have outhouse and cover pavillion later this year or spring. In Lampasas in the center of Texas. Can provide meals as I know how to cook. Fire ring available to cook on/over and charcoal grill as well. Please PM during the work week. Not on the comp Sundays very often. Several of you have already camped at my plot of heaven over the last few years. Easy to find,and no excess vehicle fees! KP
1985 Yamaha RZ350

Avatar picture courtesy of Ghostrider1964

The biggest challenge of life is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be." Maya Angelou

Last edited by kickstand~prophet; 08-24-2016 at 02:28 PM.
kickstand~prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:23 AM   #17
misterk
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand~prophet View Post
I have space for tent campers,hammocks,small RV or trailers and plenty of room for bikes. Have tools and trucks/trailer to pick up stranded riders when not at work or help with repairs. Also have inside restroom and fire ring with a ton of firewood. Hopefully will have outhouse and cover pavillion later this year or spring. In Lampasas in the center of Texas. Can provide meals as I know how to cook. Fire ring available to cook on/over and charcoal grill as well. Please PM during the work week. Not on the comp Sundays very often. Several of you have already camped at my plot of heaven over the last few years. Easy to find,and no excess vehicle fees! KP

Aren't you all busted up from Colorado? How can you wash our bikes if we come down>)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
misterk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #18
kickstand~prophet

Just ride off into a creek like I did.
1985 Yamaha RZ350

Avatar picture courtesy of Ghostrider1964

The biggest challenge of life is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be." Maya Angelou
kickstand~prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #19
atxbandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfey View Post
NW Nac County off TX204, 23mi to either Nac or Jacksonville, walking distance to the Angelina River. Tent space for umpteen, water & electricity, maybe a little A/C'd camper if I ever get around to cleaning it, space heaters for tents or whatever if it's cold, prob'ly "hanging space" but likely not mowed 'mongst the trees, spare 8' couch, "guest bathroom," covered bike parking, tools, tire change "machine" (MRP stand w/bead breaker), trailer to come getcha if needed and not too far. Small stores, restaurant, and fuel within 5mi. Always something to drink on hand & serious coffee in the AM.

Direct access to the EasTX500 "track" via dirt roads you DO NOT want to be on after a good rain. Nice narrow oiltops thru the woods w/tree tunnels, bridges, and chances to get lost but you'll come out somewhere so who cares.

PM or Email - I might not be there.
(Sent from Illinois(e) <= they love that!)
Sounds like you have a great place there Garfey. Any decent fishing in that stretch of the river?
Old 08-26-2016, 08:38 PM   #20
philipbarrett

Dallas, Texas. Beacon & Swiss Ave. 75214

Shop & tools available.

2010 BMW F800GS "Buck"
2002 KTM 300EXC
2015 Husqvarna FE501S
1975 Honda CB400F
philipbarrett is offline   Reply With Quote