• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ROLL THE BONES RALLY 7: GET LUCKY...October 28-30, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
And So it begins. Registration is now up for RTB 7 at Uncle Gus's Marina and Resort on beautiful Lake Whitney.
When: October 28, 29 & 30, 2016

Where: Uncle Gus' Lodge & Marina at Lake Whitney, Texas

Cost: Early registration is $60 for rider, $25 for non-rider through Sept. 30. Registration is $75 for rider, $35 for non-rider From Oct 1

You can Register at Rollthebonesrally.com
It is the new site back up. If you have registered, you are good.

The 2015 Roll The Bones Rally was not what we expected. With the torrential rains and "adjust on the fly" nature of the event, it was still a huge success. And a whole lot of fun!

For this year's rally, we are at the same venue with the same set up. Cabins are available, tent space is available, and we will have the common areas for food and fun as well as the great riding that this part of Texas offers. Registration includes Friday supper, Saturday breakfast, Saturday dinner, and Sunday breakfast. Also included will be routes and GPX files for riders. As usual I will be on the hunt for great swag to give away and TX James will heading up our raffle to raise money for Intrepid Fallen Hero and Fisher House at Killeen. We do not do this for profit! Excess funds from the rally are donated to the charity of choice!

The venue will handle reservations for cabins and tent space. This year the operators of Uncle Gus' are charging $10 for tent camping. The reason behind this is twofold; they have liability concerns with knowing who is on property and the funds generated will be used for portable toilets during the weekend. Yeah, we know!!

RTB_VI_Map2015_r1.jpg

REFUND POLICY: Registration fees are non-refundable. If the registrant is unable to attend the event, the registrant may request in writing a transfer for registration to an appointee. The staff of the Roll The Bones Rally will review the request and make a determination. The decisions of the Roll The Bones Rally staff are final.

Last edited:
My folks' place in Round Mountain?

Location may not be right, but its right in the heart of a ton of good DS roads, ad paved roads alike.

Last edited:
Everyone camped there for the Round Mountain Roundup in April. We had porta potties, hand washing station, etc.

A pavilion could easily be up by then, and is due to happen this year anyhow. We thought that was the only thing missing this year.

There's an in-ground pool, and a barbeque pit you could cook a cow or two on.

Campfire areas, etc.

Is on 12 acres and all is available to camp on.

Last edited:
I need to get some better puctures of the house etc. Yeah, I mean, theres a house on it, detached garage. And a tornado shelter. The driveway circles in front of the house, and a portion of that is covered. That's where we set up tables etc for about 30~ people for the RMR.

The plan we've discussed is a pavilion maybe 20x30 up by the pool, for stuff like tables, serving area for food, margarita machines.. Lol.

Said pavilion is in the works sometime this summer, but there are some projects higher on the list right now.

Future plans include cabins, and full hook-up RV spots. He's currently consulting with septic guys to come up with a game plan in that, but don't expect it before next summer.

Last edited:
I need to get some better puctures of the house etc. Yeah, I mean, theres a house on it, detached garage. And a tornado shelter. The driveway circles in front of the house, and a portion of that is covered. That's where we set up tables etc for about 30~ people for the RMR.

The plan we've discussed is a pavilion maybe 20x30 up by the pool, for stuff like tables, serving area for food, margarita machines.. Lol.

Said pavilion is in the works sometime this summer, but there are some projects higher on the list right now.

Future plans include cabins, and full hook-up RV spots. He's currently consulting with septic guys to come up with a game plan in that, but don't expect it before next summer.

We had 186 year before last and expected to grow this year if weather cooperates. I PMd you my digits:chug:

Aaron's place is very nice, certainly lots of room. I think with that many people we'd need a multi porta-potty set up.

Looking forward to it. Let me know if I can be of assistance!

Were there issues with Uncle Gus' other than enclosed space for meals? They seemed very accommodating considering the conditions last year.

Do it at Barnwell Mtn and send all the S10s, GSs, and 1190s down the single track? Call it an extreme challenge.

Were there issues with Uncle Gus' other than enclosed space for meals? They seemed very accommodating considering the conditions last year.

Do it at Barnwell Mtn and send all the S10s, GSs, and 1190s down the single track? Call it an extreme challenge.

I have a call and email to them:ponder:

Barnwell would be interesting.

Barnwell's "conveniently located" for we Piney Woods folk, not so much for most of the RTB crowd.

Another place "local" that I've only been to once, is The Crater, just North of Mt. Enterprise, off US259. It has some cabins and RV spots and plenty of camping space but I don't know much more about it than that, and that it's a big hole in the ground that makes a natural amphitheater/re. Willie and Robert Earl have played there and it's sorta neat.

Last edited:
If it wasn't clear, the Barnwell suggestion was fully tongue in cheek. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have RTB 30 miles from my house instead of 180 miles, but it's no where near centrally located. Additionally, there are good fun roads near there, but not near the selection of rural gravel roads that CenTex has.

What about Tourmeister's house? :deal::duck:

If it wasn't clear, the Barnwell suggestion was fully tongue in cheek. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have RTB 30 miles from my house instead of 180 miles, but it's no where near centrally located. Additionally, there are good fun roads near there, but not near the selection of rural gravel roads that CenTex has.

What about Tourmeister's house? :deal::duck:

$5000 just to get access to facility for the weekend. People raise **** now and it's only like $2700 but we have facilities that allow more flexibility. We would have $100 or more entry fees:uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back