• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texana Ranch Off Road?

Looks great in the pics.
Terrible website though

From the post linked to its near Bronte TX.... half way between Abeline and San Anjelo :eek2: its way out there

Looks great in the pics.
Terrible website though

From the post linked to its near Bronte TX.... half way between Abeline and San Anjelo :eek2: its way out there

yeah, i believe they said an "official" web site is still under construction. it is way out there especially for us in the Houston area, but it looks promising.

Sorry...I just saw this post. I've been a member of the Ross Creek Trail Riders at this ranch since about 1979. We have the Concho Enduro of the Texas State Enduro Circuit out there during the last of February or first of March every year. It's not open to the public, technically, but you can ride there as a guest of a member or join the club. As a member, you have to prepare for and work the enduro and participate in a couple of other events that occur on the ranch during the year. Maybe hard to do from a very long distance.

There are about 90 miles of singletrack, and the riding is absolutely awesome. There's about 30 miles of what's called Baja Track for buggies and such. The enduro that occurs here is often the toughest enduro of the year, so it's not that suitable for a big DS bike. I have an '06 KLX250S modded with a 300 jug and full Race Tech valving and springs, and it works out there. Bikes like KLR's and such are asking for trouble at this place. The terrain is somewhat rocky but varies a bit with a lot of tight trail. The place is very "hill country" in its features...lots and lots of decently big hills. It's a great place with great scenery. I've both mountainbiked and dirt biked this place for many years. It's a hoot.

Oh lordy, I just noticed this thread. I used to race at a motocross track just south of Bronte, on the (red clay) bank of the river there. Fast track, and lots of fun waaaayyyyyyy back when, circa 77-78. I had several can-ams at the time...
Anyway, my next door neighbor here in midland has just bought a little ranchette about 2-3 miles east of the old track, and he's invited us to stay anytime. Our family ranch is only about 20 miles south of there, and I can attest to the riding conditions and scenery around the entire area. It's usually pretty humid there for us west Texas dry-landers, but you guys from the southeast Texas steam room will probably think you died and went to heaven.
Good food all around the area, along with very reasonable hotel rates. Just stay out of any 'active' oil/gas areas, during the week, for sky-high hotel rates.
Have heard about this place, but it's been a while, so next time I'm down there I'll check it out. Hope it's still open...

jack b :-) in
midland, tx. usa

Great Enduro every year. I have ridden there as a guest also. Great riding, great set up. The club there got ripped a few years ago, the enduro was great, had a little rain the day before, great traction, no dust, you had to be careful not to burn a check, it was that fast. They didn't get Enduro of the year. I voted for them though, and I told the guys at the final check for the long course in '09 that they had outdone themselves again. That's the last time I have been. Still I have great memories.
Great place to ride. Sam

The ranch is owned by Carty Beal, a West Texas oil family member. Let's just say, if Bill Gates was into dirt biking, his place would be like this. I went there a couple years ago and they had some ranch hands grooming berms on the single track with a small skid steer. There are some climbs that rival the best I have ever been on. Great, great place!

Thank you so much for posting this.
Im about 50 minutes from this rach and i know exactly where it is.
Im looking forward to checking things out :-D

Great Enduro every year. I have ridden there as a guest also. Great riding, great set up. The club there got ripped a few years ago, the enduro was great, had a little rain the day before, great traction, no dust, you had to be careful not to burn a check, it was that fast. They didn't get Enduro of the year. I voted for them though, and I told the guys at the final check for the long course in '09 that they had outdone themselves again. That's the last time I have been. Still I have great memories.
Great place to ride. Sam

Sam,
Ride it this year. I want to be part of your pit crew.

I think I have "retired" (tired being the key word here) from racing. The bruises just don't go away as fast as they used to. I think the D/S kit on the 200 is there to stay. But if you and a couple of others wanted to ride it. :ponder: :uhoh: I might could be talked into it. The great thing about enduros is riding with your buddies on the same row, you may only see each other at time resets but you still get to experience it together. It will be a great one, but being a "National" it will have some tougher stuff thown in.

Sam

No thanks. Im too old to start riding fast.
People told me I was going to get old, I didnt believe them.

I think I have "retired" (tired being the key word here) from racing. The bruises just don't go away as fast as they used to. I think the D/S kit on the 200 is there to stay. But if you and a couple of others wanted to ride it. :ponder: :uhoh: I might could be talked into it. The great thing about enduros is riding with your buddies on the same row, you may only see each other at time resets but you still get to experience it together. It will be a great one, but being a "National" it will have some tougher stuff thown in.

Sam
Can't count the times someone said,"That's gonna hurt when you get older!" They were right.

I live in Abilene and have been driving up to quitaque to ride out at the Post Enduro Association. I have heard several people talk about this place before and have wondered how one becomes a member? Any input would be great.

Back