• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

We're heading to Emma Long tomorrow at 9am if anybody wants to join.

Also - probably heading Saturday morning as well.

Almost got discouraged from the rain but I got 3/4 of a lap in when it was raining hard enough for me to decide to go home. Glad I got out for a little bit. :flip:

Wish I could but I won't be ready with the new to me Husky. I am planning on heading to Hidden Falls on Sunday for a shakedown ride before Big Bend.

How gnarly does it get out there?
At Emma long? It can be intimidating for new riders with the ledges and the stairs steps - there are some pretty tricky spots.
Overall it's not too bad though.
If I had to teach somebody to ride, I would pick some place else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

How gnarly does it get out there?
I would recommend going out with someone who knows the main loop. Most likely you would drop the bike once or twice, stall out a few times, etc.

I was intimidated the first time I went out but I just kept going out by myself and now I'm comfortable out there but I still have sections that I ride like a total newbie hack.

Repeat of last weekend. If everything goes well I will be riding tomorrow morning probably starting around 7:30/sunrise.

3 dark days and then the stone is rolled away :dude:

Repeat of last weekend. If everything goes well I will be riding tomorrow morning probably starting around 7:30/sunrise.

3 dark days and then the stone is rolled away :dude:

We are headed to CTOR tomorrow. Most will be there by 8 am . You should try it sometime. I can give you a tour.

$20 cash . Look up CTOR on Google and it should show up.

I might do Emma on Sunday if I don't end up camping at CTOR Saturday night.

Hey Vinny & Brian nice meeting you guys yesterday. Next time your group is going to have a KTM bonfire let me know in advance so I can bring marshmellows.

Hey Vinny & Brian nice meeting you guys yesterday. Next time your group is going to have a KTM bonfire let me know in advance so I can bring marshmellows.
Nice to meet you Dave. We had a Good time riding with you. Hopefully the dirtbikes bonfires can be kept to a minimum. Haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

If were going to sacrifice a bike I vote for that four stroke Kawi from the 90's. It's prime for a bonfire. That guy said he's getting something like an 02' KTM 200. He seems to have a thing for old cheap bikes. Have you seen the other 70's bike he has? It's quite the Frankenbike.

My buddies told me don't go older then 08' and that was what I ended up with for my first bike. I'm at about the year mark for being on two wheels. Lots of fun.

Got some rain and hail at EL. Heading to hidden falls instead .

Wish I saw this yesterday was in Jc with the. I may try to load up and head out. Where do you park, what do you drive. I am in a long bed beige GMC pickup with the flat black low hauler trailer. Five one two 406 one seven 9 6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed it . Back home again . Hope you got to ride .

Hitting Emma long for a couple of hours this morning. Around 9 am. Riding my plated KTM there .

Riding EL tomorrow also . Around the same time . Come on over if you see a tired guy on a 450 cc:rider:

Erzberg, or Emma tomorrow?

...who am I kidding. Emma, of course. But with the heat one lap will probably be my limit.

Back