• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bridgestone BT023

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Took a ride up to Motorcycles Unlimited and they took care of me.

Previous tires were Michelin Pilot Sports that I mainly commuted on so they were getting flat spotted to the wear bars. The new Bridgestones are gonna take getting used to, it really is like having a new bike.

Takes more work to steer the bike into a turn, almost feels like a heavier bike. The old Michelins would fall over and change direction effortlessly, these require me to consciously do it. After about 40 miles I started leaning it more and admittedly the bike is more stable and wants to stay in that line.

I'm sure once I learn the characteristics of the new tires I'll enjoy them, right now I still feel like I need to tippy toe for a while. Hopefully I get double the mileage of the pilot sports.

Just an update. It's been almost 600 or more miles but I noticed after a couple tanks of gas the tires seem to have changed characteristics. They no longer require thought to get the bike to fall into turns.

I remember immediately thinking what a huge difference in effort from merely riding out of MU's parking lot. Not sure if I've gotten used to it or it's broken in good but the bike is effortless with quick side to side transitions now. No noticeable tire wear and as long as it lasts longer than the Pilot Sports I had, I'll be pleased.

I got a set a set of BT023s put on about 2000 miles ago for the same reasons you have, I use my bike to commute more than anything. The tires also handle rain pretty well.

Did you guys get the 023GT's? That's what I've got and they seem to be wearing very well. They stick well too.

I just put BT023 tires on my Honda NT700V. Replaces OEM BT020s at 12,600 miles MOL. Like the BT023s so far. I run about 50 miles per day commuting and then weekend rides. Planning to do Thurber Pie Run, close to 600 miles round trip. The T023s have a good feel. No rain experience with them yet LOL.

UPDATE: Now have about 8,000 miles on the BT023s. They are wearing well and they do work in the rain. Rode 8 1/2 hrs in pouring rain Feb 10 with no tire problems.

Back