• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DFW day rides?

shrek

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
So, I have a friend coming down from Oregon this coming week, and he is renting a bike so we can go ride next weekend.

Does anyone have any recommendations on ride routes? Preferably to the south, east or west. Maybe with a lunch stop.

I've got a couple gpx files that'll take you south towards Godley, Cranfills Gap, Hico etc. if nothing else, tomorrow I'll convert to JPEG and post so you can visualize it at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I used to get down that way, but it's been to long. Between work and kids there's not much play time.

It'll be hot, but that's the same general direction I'd recommend. Maybe go to Llano and some of those squiggly little roads to the west.

Here's a picture of some routing I enjoy. A burger at Horney Toads in Crafills Gap is always good.

ejemuvu6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N TX House of Motorcycles sent me an email update and they had a 250 mi route going south and west towards Possum Kingdom Lake. I'll see what I can post but check their site.

If you do XDriver's route, Stephenville is close, take him to Hard8 BBQ

Wow thanks everybody. And yes Sharkey, I haven't decided between Hard8 or Hammonds.

I sure like slow crusing and the LBJ Grasslands near Decatur fit that bill. I see all sorts of bikes there including crusiers as it is either paved or very good gravel/dirt. Start with the pie run location (can't remember the name).

Anyone care to suggest a good DFW ride to fishing? I know the obvious like Lake Fork but are there any streams that might be a fun day ride and fishing trip all in one?

Back