• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Parque Nacional Cumbres de Monterrey

Reaction score
First Name
Jonathon
Last Name
Marks
I am currently looking at the possibility of a trip to the Parque Nacional Cumbres de Monterrey area. Has any been on a ride down that way or in Mexico in general? I know it can be dangerous and that I will require additional insurance on my bike but it looks like a spectacular area.

Really nice area. I've been there a few times, the latest was a year or so ago.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82764

I would recommend crossing at the Anzalduas bridge on the west side of Mission, then taking the "libre" through China to Montemorelos, then north up to Santiago. Cola de Caballo (Horsetail Falls) is worth seeing. 20 goes all the way through to Saltillo with an incredible slot canyon along the way.

The area is full of vacationers from Monterrey on weekends. There's cabins that can be rented as well. Definitely good bang for the buck.

Really nice area. I've been there a few times, the latest was a year or so ago.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82764

I would recommend crossing at the Anzalduas bridge on the west side of Mission, then taking the "libre" through China to Montemorelos, then north up to Santiago. Cola de Caballo (Horsetail Falls) is worth seeing. 20 goes all the way through to Saltillo with an incredible slot canyon along the way.

The area is full of vacationers from Monterrey on weekends. There's cabins that can be rented as well. Definitely good bang for the buck.
Thanks for the advice, crossing at Anzalduas bridge work nicely as I'm looking to stay Corpus Christi/Port Aransas the night before. What time of year did you do you trip?

I've been there in April, May, September and November. It can be rainy in the fall, hot in the spring. I live in Corpus. Let me know when you're coming through. I'd be happy to bury you in Mexico stories.

If you're looking for off-road riding in the area, search the forum for MexTrek and contact those guys. I stay on pavement whenever possible.

I've been there in April, May, September and November. It can be rainy in the fall, hot in the spring. I live in Corpus. Let me know when you're coming through. I'd be happy to bury you in Mexico stories.

If you're looking for off-road riding in the area, search the forum for MexTrek and contact those guys. I stay on pavement whenever possible.
Ok thanks, the idea currently is to leave Houston on the 22nd of November and return on the 30th so I'll be sure to double check that I have all my wet weather gear. Just looking to stick to the pavement on this trip and as I prefer to do so when biking alone.

Back