• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Those mini bikes you see here

Reaction score
Sure looks fun doesn't it? As far as I know they were all shot at TMGP Races. Want to join in on it? Well, there are some rules!

Round 1 of TMGP 2018 is quickly approaching! It is scheduled for Feb 24-25 at Gulf Coast Kartway in Katy, TX.

Not sure racing is for you, but still curious? Come check it out! Small entrance fee to get in. Show up pre-race to get the most information. Not sure who to talk to? Keep an eye out for a green KLX110 motard with #7 on the plates. I would be more than happy to answer what I can, or point you to someone if I cannot.

Showing up but want to get closer to the action? They (TMGP) can almost always use an extra body to run flags in the corners. I believe it pays, but do not quote me on that!

Cheapest entry level bike for sprint racing is a stock crf50/xr50 (tuned carb, big bars, street tires OK) unless you find a smoking deal on another bike that fits within TMGP classifications. For endurance you will want an F7 or better bike (xr100, klx110, ttr110, ssr110.) See class structure for more details.

watch? get them in on it!
Yeah, I would love to (and my daughter would like to), but the wife has said no.

I am still working on being "allowed" to bring my kids out of the neighborhood.

Plus the cost of the bike and equipment, storage of bikes, and all other costs.

Holy sh$t...I think I know where I’ll be Feb 24-25...

Only about 3h from my house in SA...maybe 4h if I ride it all the way on backroads/dirtroads.

A lot of bikes were at the track this past weekend getting practice in. Looking forward to the fun.

Anyone interested in going to any Katy events. Please, let me know.. I live 10 miles from the track and can help with accommodations and securing trailers and gear..

Mikie86

Anyone interested in going to any Katy events. Please, let me know.. I live 10 miles from the track and can help with accommodations and securing trailers and gear..

Mikie86

There is usually plenty of parking available for trailers at the track, you can also camp track side Saturday night. I must admit, if Mikie86 is offering up a couch it will be hard to resist the further into summer we get!

Wish they'd host an event in San Antonio or Austin. I'd be looking to get into the Dinosaur class. :-)

Wish they'd host an event in San Antonio or Austin. I'd be looking to get into the Dinosaur class. :-)

No Kart tracks available in that area. And by available, I mean ones that would allow mini bikes at a price that is economically feasible. Also, that Dinosaur class is TOUGH. Most of those guys have been racing 10+ years.

I miss the friends and the fun I had in TMGP. I don't miss the blown budgets, though. :D But, it was all worth it, I suppose. I think the team spirit thing with endurance racing was the most fun. Man, I blew a lot of money doing that. :rolleyes: But, every time I thought I was blowing money, I just thought back on how much the big bikes cost. Weren't so bad, then. :rofl:

I miss the friends and the fun I had in TMGP. I don't miss the blown budgets, though. :D But, it was all worth it, I suppose. I think the team spirit thing with endurance racing was the most fun. Man, I blew a lot of money doing that. :rolleyes: But, every time I thought I was blowing money, I just thought back on how much the big bikes cost. Weren't so bad, then. :rofl:
Same here on the cost. It's still "cheap" but after a weekend with me and 2 kids, as well as a set of tires or 2, I finished the weekend thinking, "How did I just spend $600 on a TMGP weekend?" lol

Tires (street tires) and entry fees for a 6 hour endurance at CMRA on an EX300 is about $850. Four sprints are $230 ($40 each for additional races) plus about $450 for a set of street tires for the sprint races. $155 for a license. A two man team that endurance races and sprints an EX300 will spend about $1200 per weekend each at CMRA.

Tires (race tires) and entry fees for a 4 hour race at Mini GP is about $320 and the same tires can be used for at least 2 weekends so actual cost is about $240. Four sprints are $70 ($5 for each additional race). $330 per person per weekend, including the $35 license fee.

Sloan, you got off cheap.

Tires (street tires) and entry fees for a 6 hour endurance at CMRA on an EX300 is about $850. Four sprints are $230 ($40 each for additional races) plus about $450 for a set of street tires for the sprint races. $155 for a license. A two man team that endurance races and sprints an EX300 will spend about $1200 per weekend each at CMRA.

Tires (race tires) and entry fees for a 4 hour race at Mini GP is about $320 and the same tires can be used for at least 2 weekends so actual cost is about $240. Four sprints are $70 ($5 for each additional race). $330 per person per weekend, including the $35 license fee.

Sloan, you got off cheap.
Oh I know. I help run the Your Pace or Mine? Graves Yamaha R3 team that runs the #1 plate in the CMRA UltraLightweight Endurance Championship. :) We ran BBE a few years back too. Now THAT is expensive! lol

Back