• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Butt buffer review.

Reaction score
Well, I rode over 250 miles Saturday and tried it out. It helped-somewhat. After awhile, still had same symptoms-butt burn and soreness, but not as bad. If you're having trouble with comfort on long rides, this may be worth a try. Certainly less than an aftermarket seat-about $100 shipped for medium size. I think I could do an Ironbutt SS1000 with this, but it wouldn't be the most enjoyable ride. Next project-replace briefs with cycling shorts.

Ninjaatpark.jpg

Here's a crop of the above photo. Not the best, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like on the bike.

buttbuffercrop.jpg

For comfort I've fallen in love with the Air Hawk. It has its downsides, but it is difficult to beat for long distance riding. The other change I have made over the years is to wear sweat wicking underwear to help defeat monkey butt.

Carl

Downsides:
It raises you up off the seat about 1/2 inch.

The AirHawk is not a easy to move around on as a regular saddle. The top is a bit on the sticky side.

It should be secured onto the bike if you are going to be leaving it on the bike. This requires something like a couple of bungie cords or something.

Other than the above minor nuances, I've really enjoyed it!

Carl

Try the Alaska Leather butt pad (sheared deluxe). I got mine and did 1600 miles to Big Bend and back. It helped out considerably... especially at 112'F.. the seat was never hot.
www.alaskaleather.com

has anybody modded a cheap bead seat cover from Wally World? Did I mention, cheap? :-P

I took a wooden bead seat "cushion" I bought at Wal-Mart and cut it down to fit on my Virago. It worked great. I now have an expensive wooden bead cushion from White Horse that is "designed" for bikes. Wooden beads work good if your seat foam is soft. Not too good on firm seats.

I took a wooden bead seat "cushion" I bought at Wal-Mart and cut it down to fit on my Virago. It worked great. I now have an expensive wooden bead cushion from White Horse that is "designed" for bikes. Wooden beads work good if your seat foam is soft. Not too good on firm seats.

thanks for the tip; makes sense

Go to www.beadrider.com for a quality product at a reasonable price. No affiliation - just a satisfied customer. Beads work best with softer seats and/or stiff cordura pants.

Back