• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A ride from Texas to Europe, anyone? (without a boat)

I'd use it to cross over from Alaska and get right back off it at the first opportunity ;-)

Russia is a big, big place with a lot to see, that few here have seen because it is so remote from, well, everything. I think it would be beyond fascinating to explore.

Blah blah blah Tapatalk

With the Eurasian economy coming together through recent alliances creating the New Silk Road, (while the FedRes and NATO alliances seemingly are drifting apart) it is entirely possible that the emerging economies of that region might just make out the "nowhere" to be here, rather than there.

Before such a thing could come to pass we first must either avoid, or get through, World War III as our currency steps gracefully (or is knocked) down from world reserve currency status.

We might find ourselves anxious and desperately favoring this trade route, with the jobs and all else that would come with such a project.

That bridge would be kinda neat to see, though it would take decades to build 12K miles of road. I won't be holding my breath expecting to plan such an excursion in my lifetime. That part of the world is somewhere I would love to visit on two wheels.

An old riding buddy of mine in Phoenix used to work on Alaskan fishing boats during the summers. About 15 years ago we cooked up this idea of riding up to Alaska, then finding a boat that would let us work for ferry passage across the Strait. We still talk about it from time to time when we get together... This would take a big part of the adventure out of it (the boat), but would also make it much more likely to actually happen...

It's sounds like it'll be a super corridor for pumping the crap of Eurasia right into the USA. We already know what happens when we have a bad neighbor. We don't need to be building bridges to the rest of them.

We do? Which one is bad? :shrug:

The one to my left; when he thinks my grass gets too long, the old man cuts 1/2 of it himself, and does a really bad job at what does cut. Of course, that makes me take even longer to cut it, but he doesn't learn. He also gets mad at my trees for dropping leaves in his driveway and yard, and tells me I should cut them down. He's serious, he already cut down all of his trees.

Oh, wait, I'll bet he means Mexico.

The one to my left; when he thinks my grass gets too long, the old man cuts 1/2 of it himself, and does a really bad job at what does cut. Of course, that makes me take even longer to cut it, but he doesn't learn. He also gets mad at my trees for dropping leaves in his driveway and yard, and tells me I should cut them down. He's serious, he already cut down all of his trees.

Oh, wait, I'll bet he means Mexico.

Your neighbor wants to cut down all of Mexico? ;-)

Your neighbor wants to cut down all of Mexico? ;-)

I thought the cartels had already taken care of that?:rofl:

Seems like the Long Way Round trip with a little road improvement....
and a rail route of course which some enterprising soul will turn into a major money-spinner for those with too much time and money who enjoy watching the world from a superlux train-car.

Back