• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Did it again!

10-95

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well I did it.........

I've been drooling over the Speedmaster since Triumph introduced it. I finally committed and bought one. :-D The only thing is I couldn't afford to keep the Sprint too :( so if anyone needs a low mileage, well broken in sport tourer you might be able to pick it up at Fred Brown in Bryan.

Everyone says the new cruiser "fits" me, whatever that means. They also said I was "too old for a rice-rocket" :angryfir: (try explaining to nonriding folks what an insult that is to a Brit-bike rider :roll: )

Anyway, no more sportbikes for a while. I'm gonna nurse my bank account back to health, get a few more accessories --- because you can never have too many --- and start saving for a project bike. I'm thinking I need something to tinker with to keep me happy.

Hmmm... Isn't Fred Brown the local Mazda Dealership? :-P

Congrats on the new ride. Hope I can see it in the flesh soon. Maybe you can make the bike night next week on Thursday evening at King's Cafe in Montgomery?

Sorry, would love to make it to King's but my unit has been working a late evening gig for drunk drivers and occupant restraints. I'm sure I'd have a better time there with a cold Dr Pepper and a burger though!

Take a run down 149 for me. I'll be back here sweating my *** off and totin' drunks to the pokey.

>> They also said I was "too old for a rice-rocket" <<

Heh! I'm 56 and I ride a VFR. I can't see getting anything but a sportbike or sport-tourer until I'm 70. Maybe then I'll get me a Goldwing but not before! :twisted:

Back