• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RR for July 15th Meet n Greet n Eat

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Okay, post any ride reports you want to share for the July 2018 Meet and eat in Blanco.

Here's a link to my gallery: https://www.sammyersphotography.com/Motorcycles/RTE-Chess-Club-Cafe-7-15-2018

One the way out, the big hill on 165.

IM5_4443-XL.jpg

Preach it, brother Drew!

IM5_4453-XL.jpg

Thanks for those great pictures. The "big hill" is especially inviting.

Thanks KP, for organizing, and I enjoyed (re)meeting great folks. Bill and Dustin, hope you had a great first visit with a TWT crew.

Trevor and I rode a little route back home to Spring Branch and Dustin came part way. River road West out of Blanco to Crabapple, south to 273 (where Dustin turned around back North to chase another KLR), and East to Sattler, south to Spring Branch road.
979041132c97f595e5183ac08e194c2a.jpg

Last edited:
I liked the omelet, but now I must return to try the chicken and waffle combo. A nice ride from SA. Apparently Woodbutcher took a couple of photos that included my FJR, but I regretfully did not see him. Maybe next time.

I liked the omelet, but now I must return to try the chicken and waffle combo. A nice ride from SA. Apparently Woodbutcher took a couple of photos that included my FJR, but I regretfully did not see him. Maybe next time.

I had eggs,taters and chicken fry the first time eggs and bacon this trip,and want to try the pancakes next.

Thanks to all who showed up lost count of folks when another bunch of riders showed up later. I think our count was 18. It wound up being just Carl and myself camping. Across the street they had a band playing till midnight so that was a little annoying but survivable none the less. Was hot enough were I removed the rain fly which made it way better temp wise. Was nice to sit and visit on the patio of the cafe. Got cloudy so the ride home was nice and cool as was of course the one from Llano to Blanco. See you all at the next one.

Came from Waco and had a nice 9 hour round trip ride there and scenic ride back! Food was great! Will be at the next one.

Was yours the blue one out by the sign and the red BMW GSA? If so, you saw me gearing up as you started to get ready yourself.

My FJR is the red one with the white helmet on the seat. I was sitting at the table next to the one with four riders. Turns out the two riders I sat with were not a part of the TWT group. Anyways I remember borrowing a couple of wrenches from you last year at your house gathering. Also from camping on the Ghost Ranch.

I took river road from Blanco to Fredericksburg and checked out the Pacific Waar Museum there. Then took the road outta there that goes past enchanted rock park, then took 16 up to 84, and 84 home. By the time I got to llano, it was hot! So I took the fast route from there, hence the highway riding. Had a little excitement near enchanted rock. I had filled up the tank in temple, and figured I could make it to llano before refueling. Well had to switch to reserve 20 miles from llano. Was a little worried. Haha

I took river road from Blanco to Fredericksburg and checked out the Pacific Waar Museum there. Then took the road outta there that goes past enchanted rock park, then took 16 up to 84, and 84 home. By the time I got to llano, it was hot! So I took the fast route from there, hence the highway riding. Had a little excitement near enchanted rock. I had filled up the tank in temple, and figured I could make it to llano before refueling. Well had to switch to reserve 20 miles from llano. Was a little worried. Haha

Darn I could have took you a semi-scenic way back if I would have known you were heading back that direction. Next time.:rider:

Dang, just saw this M&G ! Missed this one, the one time when I had no honey do's or pre planned events ! ! !

Back