• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For Sale: 2007 BMW R1200S. SOLD

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gaines
For sale is my 2007 R1200S with 23,250 miles. Located Fort Worth, Texas
$6,900 OBO. Will consider trade for DMC sidecar rig for my 2012 GSA or possibly a complete rig.

Purchased this bike almost 5 years ago from someone that took meticulous care of the bike. I have followed suit. This is likely the best example of a well equipped 1200S in the country.

HP2 wheel set - the lighter forged wheels with 6" rear
Slipper clutch
Larger stainless header and a titanium Remus exhaust
Ohlins front and rear
Galfer precision ground wave rotors front and rear (rear rotor/pads recently replaced)
Carbon solo seat cover with brand new pad.
Rizoma adjustable rearsets
Helibars billet bar risers
HID high and low beams
Factory BMW Heated grips.
BMW Factory hard bags keyed to ignition
Machine Art valve cover protectors (New covers 2017)
Tinted wind screen
CNC billet adjustable levers
RAM mount system for GPS
Pit Bull Rear Stand

Bike has been ridden very little the last 18 months. I changed all fluids late last year and will do a fresh oil change before delivering to new owner. Also adjusted valves last year, no more than 500 miles ago. Tires are Pirelli Diablo Rosso Super Corsa's that are pretty well scuffed. These tires are the stickiest I have ever ridden on. I have a new set of Bridgestone T30's that will fit if that will suit a new owner. I use these on my S1000XR and they are good tires.
Never been down, never abused. This bike sounds awesome, the throatiest BMW I've ever heard. Very quick and handles extremely well.
I recently purchased a S1000XR and have a GS. I've run out of room in the garage. Will not ship but will assist in getting bike loaded with a shipper.
Asking $6,900 OBO Bike will be posted for sale locally.
Contact Through email on my profile, PM, or reply to this thread.

Click on a photo for a link to more images
[/B]

SOLD

Last edited:
Looking at your image links, I don't think that is right for linking to smugmug. When I get the link from smugmug for my stuff, I usually hit the Share icon (box with right arrow on it below the image) and select a size and bbcode. Then I copy that text and paste it straight into the post since it has all the tags needed to display correctly. Or you can use just the photo only option and wrap it with the IMG tags (same as clicking on the insert image icon in the thread post).

so an image link that I'd use would look like this:

{url=https://woodbutcher.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Harvest-Classic-2012/i-Jhs9Mdz/A}{img}https://photos.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Harvest-Classic-2012/i-Jhs9Mdz/0/22545bd1/XL/IMG_5814-XL.jpg{/img}{/url}

but the {} would be []

and display like this and if you click on the image it takes you to the smugmug site.

IMG_5814-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and I could see what you did by quoting your message. Then I can see the text that doesn't display.

Oh, and I could see what you did by quoting your message. Then I can see the text that doesn't display.

Thanks! Got photos posted.
Is that a Paul Smart Ducati in your sample pic? Had one of those a few years back....another bike I regretted selling....probably just like this one.

I don't know about the bike other than it was a Ducate. It was at the Harvest Classic in Luckenbach one year the the colors, styling and geometry caught my eye.

Glad you got the images figured out.

Great R bike. I'd buy this if I were in the position to do so. I really miss having a boxer in the garage. Best sport tourer I ever had was the R1100S all decked out like this. Ran 160k before I sold it. No reason the 1200 shouldn't be as reliable. GLWS

I had that identical bike, what a great bike. I'll never understand what made me decide to sell it. Good luck with the sale, someone will be getting a great BMW.

Great R bike. I'd buy this if I were in the position to do so. I really miss having a boxer in the garage. Best sport tourer I ever had was the R1100S all decked out like this. Ran 160k before I sold it. No reason the 1200 shouldn't be as reliable. GLWS

I had an 01 R1100S. That was an awesome bike and the 1200S was a great follow up. I always regret selling a bike and these two are no exception.

I had that identical bike, what a great bike. I'll never understand what made me decide to sell it. Good luck with the sale, someone will be getting a great BMW.

The 1200S was the fastest Beemer I've ever ridden until I rode the S1000XR. I made the mistake of looking at a S1000XR and ended up buying it after reading all the reviews. Wish I could keep them all!

Have you posted this on the Pelican Parts forum?

Lots of rabid fans there from what I remember. But then, I haven't posted on there since the S1000 bikes came out, so I don't know if the winds have changed directions, but I doubt it.

Have you posted this on the Pelican Parts forum?

Lots of rabid fans there from what I remember. But then, I haven't posted on there since the S1000 bikes came out, so I don't know if the winds have changed directions, but I doubt it.

Posted on Pelican Parts, ADVRider, TWT, Craigslist, and a couple of others.
The Facebook R12200S page is impressive...lots of tricked out 1200’s.

Will consider trade for a sidecar rig for my 2012 1200 GSA (DMC Expedition or similar). Will also consider trade for a full hack rig.

Back