• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Something you don't see everyday...

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Not sure what her name is, but I do know she was bottle fed (and probably still is). Friendly, eats out of your hand. Before the haters start hating - it's a free range doe and she can leave anytime she wants/is ready. The dog is her companion. The two bed down at night with one another too. (excuse the crappy iPhone shots)

Hey you - get out of my corn. Dog's gotta eat too!
i-M79zSjr-XL.jpg

Come on - let's play some more.
i-W8FHsGh-XL.jpg

That doggie is just playing it cool until hunting season comes around..

c3Dxupea9MwI-btJogmHI78li6a6R1QmHroMbwMTh6Zupj_YlICBQ-8PJS5fORhT5fIYICclQipUFA7sq5CUxmIQR_cJxhvcBTTjqy9Z_jrtkfE7Hsu1Buz5CEQcwoOLd7PhEbU6bKh5k8w0tRrBQlkZk0WSv_QYipGT_0ylzqWR2XoTpn8Av6NjbGPVy68tc28-7HSDT6z5eJox0lMFn_65EI6VfLCpth1Rg8G1LJG2zJQ-BY1ROKXmRgvlM3CPaeaaKP6tZ-OKtEbgJVzDeDxeqcxye2Pe_2awFQ2_zy_ZV2YsKRgzwqFJsncwBGNtA0ZtxW4jyudiKAwV7CoNrBJYzeu9DUr4soEj0egh62jt-0wPhxhmlepeKzBL1FL_q7n9Pq6HF_iLQGc3s2S4JoxEQmLCLVxMGm2o9tDUjSOoU3LkMzEy634fA9yvy9t1sUNT-BGYz9duVecWvpxVMZ5H5utBepG-da-HGkb-Cx-6TF6My7b5RoNpEQb3UV7q9Myh38vjr9MfLq1zuRVmJdnXmv83sbbc-9ELMVOsK3M84ixUph72BZkijktu6W6FCTEa86XYC6EnFElkCEX1_3nmP7AGisX0orgeT3w0PtxbPLZVPw=w350-h263-no

Wonder what the dog will think when the spots go away

Glad to see the orange collar.
Hopefully she will make it. Folks watch for horns more luckily.

It's beautiful, but sad. Many years ago, while building my Mom's home on Hudson Bend, another doe was part of a pack of 4 dogs on the next street over. One day, on the new stairway in the framing of the house, I felt a nudge on my back pocket. It was the little doe, sniffing out my candy bar in my pouch. My brother and I fed her tidbits, as she played with her litter-mates and my dog.
Then one day, I found her carcass in the ditch, being eaten by a German Shepherd that had just moved to the area.
Yes, I wanted to kill.

It's beautiful, but sad. Many years ago, while building my Mom's home on Hudson Bend, another doe was part of a pack of 4 dogs on the next street over. One day, on the new stairway in the framing of the house, I felt a nudge on my back pocket. It was the little doe, sniffing out my candy bar in my pouch. My brother and I fed her tidbits, as she played with her litter-mates and my dog.
Then one day, I found her carcass in the ditch, being eaten by a German Shepherd that had just moved to the area.
Yes, I wanted to kill.

Conversely, my ranch manager friend told me of a similar story where the ranchers in a certain area had to contend with wild dogs eating their goats. When they (the dogs) weren't dispatched at one ranch, the ranchers would notify the other ranchers the dogs were headed their way. On the ranch her Dad managed at the time, there was a doe that followed her Dad around much like this one and yours, Mike. When asked about "why" he had the doe with him for this, the response was "well don't you always bring your doe to hunt dogs"? Made perfect sense. Dogs came in for the doe. Dogs lost.

Just learned, the "she" is a "he". Hoping some hunter sees the collar and figures out that before the shot. Also hoping the collar is set loose enough for growth.

Back