• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

650/1250 Seat swap.

cWj

Reaction score
First Name
mynameisnotslimshady
I was looking through some old threads and noticed that someone had swapped the seat on their 1250 for one from a 650.

Has anybody else done this? Perceived benefit? I believe the 650 perch is about a half-inch lower.

I tried it. It seemed to lower at least an inch from the original. I still have mine as I sold my bandit without if interested pm me. There is less padding but if you want shorter it does lower.

I didn't realize somebody had replied to this - way back I found a 650 seat on eBay. It's what's on the bike now. I find it a more comfortable and sporting mount, though the original might be better for touring (one day I might try riding them back to back for an hour each to see). I definitely bet the original is better for pillions.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. If you have short legs you might like the 650 seat cause it is a bit lower as well.

I feel like the 1 piece GSX650 seat is more comfortable as there is more foam where the stock 2 piece splits. I also feel the 1 piece base is more supportive than the 2 piece base. Much happier with the 1 piece seat than the stock 2 piece seat.

Just got a Corbin, so my like new 1 piece seat might be for sale. It is much more comfortable than the stock 2 piece while being lighter too.

Back