• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TexPlex Park (Midlothian, TX)

Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Pina
I decided to take a ride out to texplex this weekend to try out the trails on the XR. Overall, I was very impressed. At the moment, they only have one single track trail that is just barely over 3 miles long. From what I understand, they do plan to expand it at some point (hopefully soon). The trail has a couple creek crossings and tight steep-ish turns in the woods. I haven't made it out to trophy club or any of the other trails around the metroplex yet so I can't really compare. But I would say there is definately enough to be worth the $25entry fee. The park is very well staffed and there were people everywhere to help if needed. They had orange coolers full of water if you have some kind of bottle or camelback.

The motocross track was very nice. In fact, I met some really nice guys on KTMs riding the big motorcross track they talked me into taking a lap on the XR. The dirt was freshly worked and very loose but it was still alot of fun. Now I want a dirtbike! :rider: :trust:

I haven't tried it myself, but from what I understand they have a ton of other stuff to do including a shotgun sporting clay range and a fully dedicated ATV/Side-by-side track. I have no affiliation with the place whatsoever and get nothing for this shout out. I just had a ton of fun out there and thought I would share for those who either haven't heard of it, or are debating whether or not to go.

If anyone wants to check it out one weekend, give me a shout. Since I live in Cedar Hill, it's practically in my back yard. :twisted:

Do they have a website? I have a buddy that lives in Cedar Hill and is thinking of getting his son into dirt bikes, but he needs a place to ride.

Hey bud- So I'm looking to get together with some local riders - I'm in Arlington - "BMW F700gs" I don't get out that often but CEDARHILL Is my backyard and was quite interested in the post - I would love to ride out there with you if possible.

Wow ... they have a shooting range as well.

I'm planning on taking my 2009 Versys there pretty soon. The Royal Enfield Himalayan bike was rode there for a test by Cycleworld and it was able to handle their park. Since the Royal is about 421 pounds dry and my Versys is 454 dry, I'm pretty sure the bike will be able to handle their trails. That does not mean I will be able to handle it.

I'm thinking of the first Saturday in May (5-5-18, Sinkhole-dey-mayo?) to try out my new Shinko 705 tires? I know that's the same weekend as Ghost's Beat the Heat Camp and Ride, but I figure someone around the DFW metroplex won't be able to make that and will be looking to ride somewhere.

I just noticed that is the same weekend as the TAR in Austin as well so I may be alone. I don't have a camera on my helmet yet so I don't think I'll get any video, but I'll try to get some pics while I'm there. 2 weeks is a long time to wait. I may go sooner.

Raced there twice so far with TORN. Its just ok.....nothing great. Not many trees or elevation change.

Any new reviews of this park? I might want to check this out. Maybe put together a South O' The Plex meetup for dirt riders?

Back