• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 9/16/17 @ 9a Los Dos Amigos, Center Point - TARA/SA

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 9/16/17 @ 9a Los Dos Amigos, Center Point - TARA/SA

32037690350_047edb4ff2.jpg

A Texas Adventure Riders Association
San Antonio Chapter Event

Come to breakfast, meet and talk with other like minded individuals. Some go for a ride afterward some just ride home, get that bike out of your garage, our clocks are ticking.

Los Dos Amigos Restaurant
322 FM 480
Center Point, TX 78010
Google map

26921031972_5492b88395_c.jpg

Post Breakfast Ride Information

If anyone is up for a post breakfast ride see the optional route map below. Groups usually take off around 10am.

The Adventure Breakfasts & Rides are all about fun, camaraderie and being safe. Some groups will focus on completing the route, others will just relax and ride to their cut off time and head home.

The route is a no host self-guided GPS ride, as the ride is self-guided join a group or lead one.

A group size of 4 - 6 riders with about a maximum of 8 is optimal, grouping by bike size or desired pace is also beneficial if possible.

Rain date information will be posted on the Thursday before the ride if necessary.

September ride map
36371257710_bb39c247e7_b.jpg

*Disclaimer - I build the routes on my computer using the Roads of Texas map book as my guide which is the best and most accurate I have used, but not perfect, and Furkot's mapping program. So the route may not be 100% accurate. If in doubt, turn around and find another route - DO NOT trespass.

For those that join my group
When I lead a group I don’t stop for lunch, I have several nature break stops and a stop midway out in the country for snacks or a sandwich I bring with me, then of course there are the planned fuel stops.

I stop at every non-obvious corner and wait for the entire group and make sure the last rider sees the proper way to go, there is NEVER a need to ride above your comfort level to keep up, we won’t leave you, I encourage riders to spread out to avoid the dust. The daisy chain method also works well, especially when its extremely dusty to keep the group even more spread out, the rider in front makes sure the rider behind makes the corner and so on until the sweep rider makes the corner. As long as the rider in front takes responsibility for the rider behind no one gets lost. However please tell someone in the group if your plans change and you decide to break off from the group, that prevents you being searched for.

Safety and rider etiquette
Having your emergency contact information on you and having that information readily available is critical. This is important not just for group rides but everyday. Even though you may have a buddy along on the ride you may get separated on the road.
At minimum:
Name
Your street
Your town, state, Zip code
Driver's license # & state
Emergency contact
Emergency Phone
I taped mine on the bottom of the visor of my dual sport helmet, I also taped another on the back side of my fairing near the dash. The important thing is that it is easy for anyone to find.

Respect landowners and other road users, slow down and ride quietly when passing, people, vehicles, animals, homes, etc.

Last edited:
Re: Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 9/16/17 @ 9a Los Dos Amigos, Center Point - TARA

I may have an interest in meeting up and a day ride. Will depend slightly on my work/travel schedule. I know its only a few weekends away but I think in about 2 weeks I can confirm more positively if I'll attend.

Re: Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 9/16/17 @ 9a Los Dos Amigos, Center Point - TARA

I'll be there 'less something dire happens. Los Dos Amigos is a 'scooter ride.'

Marked the calendar. I hope to make it.

JT

That looks like a great ride & temps should be dropping by then. Alas I will be somewhere between MOAB & central COBDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will join in if I can.

this looks to a a paved ride???

That looks like a great ride & temps should be dropping by then. Alas I will be somewhere between MOAB & central COBDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rub it in, why don't cha? Jus kidding, I am jealous. Have a great trip.

Rub it in, why don't cha? Jus kidding, I am jealous. Have a great trip.

Thanks, I will do my best. I tried to get a ride buddy, but things happen.

****, can't make the ride, but the route looks like fun. Lots of sand and water crossings. Gonna save it and run some portions I haven't been on before. Been on a few arrowhead hunts on some of those roads up towards Click though, fun stuff!

Ain't able to make it now.

I am interested in joining....

Is this route "slow rider" friendly with dirt sections? Or lots of high speed pavement?

Still suffering on the western slope. Y'all have a great ride.

I am interested in joining....

Is this route "slow rider" friendly with dirt sections? Or lots of high speed pavement?

The speed or lack of depends on the group leader.

When I lead a group I normally ride 60-65 on paved sections and spirited on the unpaved. The route is just a suggestion, the route I'm going to ride.

I would say normally 1/2 of the breakfast attendees just ride to breakfast then go their own way. Depending on the number of ride participants it's beneficial to all when we can split into groups. It looks like by the number of downloads of the GPX we should have other riders that could lead a group.

The speed or lack of depends on the group leader.

When I lead a group I normally ride 60-65 on paved sections and spirited on the unpaved. The route is just a suggestion, the route I'm going to ride.

I would say normally 1/2 of the breakfast attendees just ride to breakfast then go their own way. Depending on the number of ride participants it's beneficial to all when we can split into groups. It looks like by the number of downloads of the GPX we should have other riders that could lead a group.

I should qualify my statement as it is more of a "slow bike" situation than a "slow rider" one... I am the one with the WR450F that isn't happy at high pavement speeds.

I have joined two of the rides so far and enjoyed both... just trying to minimize the time that the engine is screaming and begging for mercy at high RPM :rider:

I always run a GPS and I can also lead (or co-lead) a group if necessary... However, I don't know enough (yet!) about the different routes in the area to make changes on the fly or come up with any ad-hoc routings...

JT and I will prolly be there for breaky only.

Almost most blew off the bike breakfast, bike drama in the garage last night, went to bed to late, too tired, too busy, etc.

Glad I went great day, fun roads, great fellowship and good riding companions.

Hope to see you at the next one.

36455007773_fe510640ae_h.jpg
DSC01902 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

37127171981_380ac1768f_h.jpg
DSC01903 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

36432157364_aca8089438_h.jpg
DSC01904 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

36432163314_18e8e5aa4e_h.jpg
DSC01908 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

37270104795_99bbfbf0fe_h.jpg
DSC01913 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

36432176054_8e21888f89_h.jpg
DSC01914 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

37097401882_a22feed877_h.jpg
DSC01916 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

36871764100_9bfd03bdac_h.jpg
DSC01919 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

37270064455_2c06d33c13_h.jpg
DSC01921 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

37079357716_c3329cf333_h.jpg
DSC01922 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

Photos courtesy of MVW.
36938914180_585a1425e8_h.jpg
IMG_6317 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

36523507023_6659fca61f_h.jpg
IMG_6316 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

Last edited:

Almost most blew off the bike breakfast, bike drama in the garage last night, went to bed to late, too tired, too busy, etc.

Glad I went great day, fun roads, great fellowship and good riding companions.

Hope to see you at the next one.

Had a great time! Perfect weather... a little warm in the afternoon but not too bad.

Nice route with good scenery... looking forward to the next one!

Does anyone have a .gpx of this ride they could pm me, please? thx

Back