• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Tour of Forts - March 23-25

I am highly interested BUT apprehensive about trying to do it on a small bike....

Am I missing something? Did Aaron plan out a 600 mile day or something? I'm not sure why smaller bikes wouldn't be able to do this ride. :confused:

If the bike can do the speed limit & you can make it 150 miles (even with spare gas cans), you can make this ride.

There are a good many high speed, well maintained county roads on the route. & there's a few more challenging roads (like Macabee) that are near the route & can be taken by those more adventurous.

Maccabee is fun! Except for that one spot [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I am highly interested BUT apprehensive about trying to do it on a small bike....
Unless you are riding a 14 year old TW200 that has over 40K miles on it and a mild case of whooping cough, you can totally do this! :flip:

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It's far enough out I can't say 100 % but I am definitely interested!!! I just need to remember my dustgear!!

Interested. Monitoring. I have no idea what my schedule will be that weekend until the prior month, Mid-Feb.

Interested. Monitoring. I have no idea what my schedule will be that weekend until the prior month, Mid-Feb.

You realize there will probably be some dirt or dust involved right??? With very little time for cleaning breaks!!!!! :rofl:

Ok, I did some figuring for the Saturday ride.

From my place to Ft Griffin, Ft Phantom Hill, around the west side of Abiliene, & to Ft Chadbourne is 175 miles / 4 hours (lotsa good roads).

Return trip is 150 miles / 3 hours (less dirt, more FM roads).

Sounds doable, if we keep us the pace. There will be a few pre-planned stops for everyone to catch up.

I am in...too young for a bunk. Can bring extra bikes if I need to. Love the concept, I will look up the Forts or use my research team and ......OH wait....

I am in! Weekend blocked, time off for Friday requested. Last time I was at the ranch I don't remember going to bed, so a bunk will be wasted on me... (or me wasted in a bunk) :) I will tent or hammock, whichever you recommend.

Just to double check on bike plans, are we talking offroad in the sense of county back roads, mixed with a little FM in between the dusty county roads, or something that should be considered a little more aggressive? Just planning bike plans, and also if we are talking about the first option, I'll probably use the Vstrom and would be happy to loan anyone the DR, if someone out there with a little bike wants to upgrade to something that can more or less keep up!!!!

Hey, at least you didn't end up face down in the fire pit. I lost a bet over that.

This time could be your lucky day! :lol2: Of course, 911 buddies have to stick together. I'll call it in for you, Glenn.

Jampad and dualsportrider, are you guys in or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am wanting to attend this in a big way - it sounds like tons of fun. Unfortunately the Dragin Lady will be going in for extensive repair work on her back in February and my attendance will depend entirely on how well she's doing by then. It sounds like you have orchestrated another great gathering and I do appreciate you doing it even if I'm not able to get there.

Back