• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Traded up.

Traxx

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Last Wed I traded this
DSC00087-M.jpg

in for this.
IMG_0205-M.jpg

For the initial break in I went here
IMG_0191-M.jpg

I didn't get to see the sights since I was touring a organic farm and attending a lecture put on by http://txagrability.tamu.edu/

Not sure where, but anyplace you could park one of those, riding from FTW, is quite the break in ride.

That is the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi. Lets say that I was about 360ish miles past the 500 mile breakin. :rider:

Nice Traxx.
Are you taking it to Big Bend this year.

Last edited:
Not this time, I believe I will be just getting back from work with not enough time to get there. I am looking at doing a loop west later in the year. Planning on maybe a weeks ride.

Last edited:
I'm about 4,000 feet away from you at the port. You just missed sunny and 80 degrees by a couple days. :)

I guess 50 degrees is still better than the current temp in Fort Worth.

Last edited:
Yep it was really foggy in the evenings and mornings. The days were nice though. Yeppers it is cold and raining here. Hopefully I will be able to get out on Monday.

I'm about 4,000 feet away from you at the port. You just missed sunny and 80 degrees by a couple days. :)

I guess 50 degrees is still better than the current temp in Fort Worth.

Phill,how bout that 30 degree drop in about 15 seconds yesterday. 81 to 51. Quite the winter ,...an actual winter this year. :brainsnap

I guess I can talk about the weights, suspension travel, HP and torque. I am sure you most likely know about that stuff. What I will talk about is the difference in ride for me.
The F800GS is way more suited to off-road being lighter, with more suspension travel and an engine you can lug for days. On road however, which is where I spend most of the time riding, it is viby to the point of numb hands sluggish in the turns the seat is uncomfortable after a hour and long trips are a chore.
Lets move over to the Tiger Explorer XRX 1200. More oriented to the road and lots more HP and torque, leans and feels stable in turns. Way more comfortable than the GS, proven by a 400ish mile trip to Corpus Christi and again today for a 270ish mile tooling around. I feel more planted in the turns and she just wants to lean. I have to admit that I tend to lug it taking off, I guess that as I get used to her that I will better understand what is takes to make her sing. As it stands, it looks like I have a lot to learn to ride her to her potential.

Back