• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1200 motor differences

Reaction score
Hey all, so I bought a decent with clean guts motor thats a 2001 or 2 but it was missing a pretty good amount of bolts and had a broken piston from with the joker PO lackadaisically put it together.

I just bought a parts bike with plenty of good parts but it’s a 2000 model, and the PO said the motor has a knock, like “this motor is going to explode” knock. I’m wondering, what are the big differences on the internals? Such as clutch, crank, pistons, etc? I was thinking take the crank, pistons (with new rings) etc and put them in the 2000 model case since it has a good clutch and is a good clean case.

I’m going to replace all of the gaskets, adjust the valves, torque the bolts to spec etc when I break it down and clean the internals but want to know what route I should take here.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back