• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Control of crime on two wheels, London style

Reaction score
Looks like the Bobbies had reached their limits:

[ame="https://youtu.be/V6oP28s2bv4"]https://youtu.be/V6oP28s2bv4[/ame]

Last edited:
Re: Squid control, London style

I don't see a real issue, if they are sure the motorcyclist committed a robbery, then bring them down rather than chase them.. No-one should run from the police whether you are in the right or wrong, you stop and let the justice system reach it's conclusion (you argue in court), the system may not be perfect but its the best we have, use it or face the consequences..

Gary

Reminds me of using a chokehold for some extra-judicial "justice" for the selling of illegal cigarettes.

Due process, it's a thing in the UK too. I expect the Met to be at the wrong end of a very expensive lawsuit.

The title is understated. This isn't about shutting down some hooligans for wheelies, it is about busting real crime.
Good to see the police have been given back an effective tool for their toolbox.

It's not squid control, it's criminal apprehension. If you run from the police you can expect to be stopped. Some person stealing a phone, then running on a scooter has already shown they don't have good sense, or good decision making patterns. The mindset that the Met is setting themselves up for an expensive lawsuit requires a litigious presupposition. I don't think the ACLU is a force in the UK.

It's not squid control, it's criminal apprehension.
Ed, changed title for you and dukey33.

If you run from the police you can expect to be stopped. Some person stealing a phone, then running on a scooter has already shown they don't have good sense, or good decision making patterns. The mindset that the Met is setting themselves up for an expensive lawsuit requires a litigious presupposition. I don't think the ACLU is a force in the UK.

Only a few will having problems with the pursuit or spiking of tires. More will be bothered by the forcible dismounting by collision with a squad car at slow speeds. The only thing bothering me is @ 1:10 when a fleeing bike is rammed that carries a passenger without a helmet. Get a couple of skulls split open on curbs doing this technique and Claims will be filed up and down the Chain of Command at Scotland Yard.

Reminds me of using a chokehold for some extra-judicial "justice" for the selling of illegal cigarettes.

Due process, it's a thing in the UK too. I expect the Met to be at the wrong end of a very expensive lawsuit.

Doesn't matter what the original offense is, if you resist a lawful order things can escalate.

I think this tactic is appropriate for violent offenses like robbery or hit/run type stops. But a bit excessive for speeding tickets and most moving violations. It is all up the decression of the officer on the severity of the situation.

Back