• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Going Saturday morning. Hope to be there by 8 am

I plan to be at Emma either Saturday or Sunday.

Why? Because Emma won't close on me due to rain, I'm hoping that posting this will help motivate me to get the 300 back together and in riding condition again, and potential work comflicts
are at a minimum.

I'm already feeling excited.

I always like to do a Powell/Emma weekend this time of year, but rain is in the forecast for the week and I don't know how that will play out.

Last edited:
This Saturday, around 9am, Austin TRIALS CLUB will be hosting a fund raiser TRIALS RIDE DAY.

The event is FREE to walk around, to watch all 5 sections, and to spectate. NO dirt bike riding, no mountain bike pedaling on this day, no camping. TRIALS Riders doing the competition ride free if they donate a toy.

This Saturday, Austin TRIALS CLUB will be hosting a fund raiser for the Texas Baptist Children's Home's program for taking in needy children and/ or young mothers no questions asked that are down on their luck. Your gift or donation is the entry fee for this event. Attached are a few lists of recommended gifts depending on age. A cash or check donation is accepted at the event as well. See attached event flyer for event information. The toy-ride has always been a fun event. You get to ride Emma Long City Park and help out someone in need at the same time. Win-Win! Hope to see you all there.

Ben Dalgleish
CTTA, Pres.
www.austintrials.com<http://www.austintrials.com>

PS....
As exciting as this event is, it's the trials bikes up for sale that makes this event a must go. if you've been hunting around for a trials bike and haven't found any w/in your budget- come out to city park this saturday - this is where a range of good, used trials bike deals will be. I heard there will be 4 used trials bikes -from just one guy -that's up F/S-- a couple of starter trials bikes priced under $2k, a 2011 Beta 290 and a 2016 Beta 290 -THE FACTORY MODEL- that he's pricing well below the price of the base regular model.

VITAL MEETING FOR THE FUTURE OF OFF ROAD USE IN AUSTIN. PLEASE ATTEND IF YOU CAN.

Emma Long /Preserve Update/Progress/Meeting Attendance
Your presence at the BCCP
Coordinating Committee meeting on
Friday, December 7 is absolutely vital!
We need about 70 people to attend for support
Your presence last December was an absolute success! Together we blocked
the approval of an absolute disaster of a governance document – the Chapter on
public access to BCP lands.
As a direct result of the defeat of the 2017 version of the document, our team has
been allowed to proactively work with BCP and Austin Parks on the rewriting of
the Chapter on public access. This is a totally new and extremely welcomed
approach to end user engagement from the BCP. They truly hope to pass the
Chapter and we have made remarkable progress on creating a fair version of the
document. We are actually quite close to a reasonable document; however, a
few key edits are absolutely needed.
We plan to formally request those edits be included before we can support
approval of the document. The BCCP Coordinating Committee needs to know
that these edits are of critical concern to you.
Please, your presence at the meeting on Friday
December 7 is absolutely vital!
Please arrive by 12:15 so you can sign-up to speak or donate your time to others
December 7, 1-3pm: BCCP Coordinating Committee meeting, Austin City
Hall Chamber, Room 1001. Free parking, see map attached.
For this progress we need to thank sorted alphabetically:
Antonio, Chris, Jon, Kent, Kevin, Marnie, Ron, Sasha, SilentPartners, Tara, & Tomás
More info? Tomás Pantin moto@pantin.com 512 474 9968 ( voice)
Austin City Hall
301 W 2nd St
Austin TX 78701
PARKING
FREE PARKING
The building is located between West Cesar Chavez St.,
West 2nd Street, Guadalupe St., and Lavaca St.
The entrance to free parking is on Guadalupe St.
Bring your parking stub to the lobby on the 1st floor and
ask for a validation by the City Council meeting room.

Very important meeting 12-7. Notice of very important meeting 12-7. Was this notice posted somewhere prior to this? Bureaucrats sneak up on us again? What am I missing?

It was posted on another forum a few minutes before I posted here. So I passed it on.
I guess it was on some Facebook page ( I dont do facebook)

It was too bad we didn't know about it.

Road yesterday morning and the trails were still very wet. Many had runoff trickling down them. Made for a slippery ride.

I love riding @ emma right after it rains. All the pot holes, ruts, gaps between limestone rocks get filled in w/ fresh soft dirt from run off. It's like a completely different,fresh new set of trails out there. :thumb:

Anyone happen to have plans to ride Emma Long tomorrow? I've never been out there but I'm thinking I'll probably head that way in the morning.

I wish I could . Perfect weather. Just follow the "main loop" signs stuck to trees.

I spent a couple hrs yesterday hitting the main loop on my 250 smoker. Loop's still got a little more moisture to drain off, but it's not muddy at all, just leftover water running off the sides & down connor's creek. When I get at the bottom, near this spot, i'll kill the bike, take my helmet off, just let it all soak in...ahhhh....

We'll be out there this afternoon around 2pm.

IMG-20190223-171736495.jpg

IMG-20190223-171727031-HDR.jpg

IMG-20190223-172619030-HDR.jpg

IMG-20190223-173007163.jpg

IMG-20190223-174158330-HDR.jpg

IMG-20190223-174113453-HDR.jpg

IMG-20190223-182335296.jpg

IMG-20190223-182716263.jpg

IMG-20190223-183845704.jpg

IMG-20190223-182544266.jpg

Sunday is gong to be tight still w/ parking. but ****, is it festive out there this weekend!
bring your cooler, come check out these crazy talented guys. There's some very, very, young , a few "MASTERS" level riders out there this weekend. They got NO FEAR!!! Bike's flying all over the side of the hills. NUTS!

Couldn't find parking, so I didn't go. Nice drive though .

Reactions: Dao
Nice. Real nice !!!

Stickers ??? We don't need no stinking STICKERS !

Congrats. That's the bike I'm shooting for also. Keep us posted on how she rides. I sold my 250. I'm recuperating from knee surgery so I wont be riding there till next fall, so I have time to find one.

Back