• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD: 2003 Honda ST1300

Reaction score
First Name
James
SOLD!

2003 Honda ST1300 For Sale, $2,750 Cedar Park, Texas

I am offering my 2003 Honda ST1300 for sale. The bike has 30,784 miles. New Pilot Road 4 GT tires and new rear brake pads have 1,768 miles on them. All recalls up-to-date as of March 2016. Bike includes a rear cargo rack and Givi Monokey trunk case (40+ liter), trunk case also serves as passenger backrest. Also includes NEP Throttle Locker (“cruise control”), and Motorcycle Larry Ram Ball mount with BMW “powerlet” power outlet. The power wiring was never hooked up, but I do have the wiring that came with it. The original owners manual and stock tool bag is included.

I purchased the bike used in 2008, since then it has always been garaged kept. Mostly highway miles. I dropped the bike on its side one time at a complete stop when my foot slipped.

The last time I tried to go for a ride I discovered the clutch lever was completely soft. After a little online research I found this is not an uncommon issue. The probable repair can be accomplished by someone who is mechanically inclined*. I had decided to sell prior to the clutch issue. I am not interested in taking on the repair, therefore I am pricing the bike well under bluebook value, to sell, as-is. Asking $2,750.

The bike is located in Cedar Park, Texas, near Vista Ridge High School. Inspection and registration expired May of 2017. I will be removing the license plate. No test rides (obviously). You pick it up. You load it.

Pictures can be e-mailed or texted upon request. E-mail texason@hotmail.com, or call or text 512-six-two-seven-8530.

* Links to repair threads:
http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?155031-ST1300-Clutch-Slave-Cylinder-Replacement
http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?148019-Clutch-fluid-leak

Last edited:
Re: FS: 2003 Honda ST1300, $2,750 Cedar Park, Texas - Failed Clutch

I'm just putting it out there that I'm interested, but I'm not (that) willing to get into a fight with the wife over it.

Let's see how it goes because I can hear her now, "You want another bike that doesn't run?"

I'm just putting it out there that I'm interested, but I'm not (that) willing to get into a fight with the wife over it.

Let's see how it goes because I can hear her now, "You want another bike that doesn't run?"

Technically... it runs, it just might not go :-P

Technically... it runs, it just might not go :-P
It'll go. You can ride a bike without a clutch. RollingJ's got the riding skills to do that. But he's also got the wrench skills to fix it so a non issue

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

One of the best bikes I've ridden was a st1100, and from what I've read the st1300 is better for twisty stuff due to a slightly shorter wheelbase.

Heck of a deal for someone with the cash, know how and tools to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My wife is awesome. I technically have clearance to purchase the unit, after the house we are trying to sell clears. It might be a minute, so if someone jumps on this thing I'd be happy for them to ride it into the sunset.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, she’s mine now. Why must I always buy projects? Lol.

Attachments

• E42C3AEB-BDBE-4BA1-B1CC-6E82ECB66D56.jpeg
    E42C3AEB-BDBE-4BA1-B1CC-6E82ECB66D56.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 273
Wait ... tell us more about the truck.

72 F100 Ranger, I am guessing.
Had one ... 302 with a 3 on the tree

I’m excited about the bike! Have been missing my (dearly departed) ST1100 ever since getting the Strom. Feel like I got a **** of a deal, and I’m fairly confident that the diagnos was correct based on the poking around that I did.

Truck is a 71, 302, 4 on the floor with granny gear. Idaho truck that lived at my grandpas (in Idaho) from about 5000 miles in 72, he bought it from a painter that’d run from Vegas to Boise and back.

He passed it down to me about 8 years ago, My daughter and I toad tripped it from ID to TX and had a great adventure along the way.

She’s an old farm truck, and I have many dear memories of grandpa in it, as it was always his “old” truck. She works occasionally, but usually lives the pampered life.

Nice, congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Looks like all was as described and preliminarily diagnoses by texason. While I wait for parts, I did a bleed and flush of the clutch system. Holy badword the brake fluid was disgusting.

Got clutch pressure, just took her for a spin around the block (knowing the fluid will leak and the repair needs to happen the moment I get pets) and oh my, I’m in love.

Thank you for the awesome deal, I’ll cherish the ol girl.

Back