• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X: Location 4 Edom,TX (Benefit for Scott/Beth Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCRyder said:
It's like the big plane event in Oshkosh, Wisconsion (but MUCH smaller). Kinda like a motorcycle rally with wings, if you will. Last year they had over 400 aircraft fly-in (therefore the name) for the event. 2006 is it's 20th. Here's the website for anyone's who's interested http://www.reklawflyin.com/

I've always wanted to go to Oshkosh but never could make it. Thanks for the info. :thumb:

Now, are we really only gonna have 6 or 8 people show up at the Shed this weekend?? :doh: Then again.....more chocolate pie for me!:trust:

Stromboy said:
Sorry I won't be there, should be a good day for riding. I'm leaving for Big Bend tonight. Somebody eat some pie for me.

Randy

Have a good trip and uuuh....sure I'll eat some pie for ya!

DancesWithCurves said:
I'm thinkin' I'm a strong maybe. Looking for a route leader with an aversion to slab! Randall or Russ?

Let me look at a map and my GPS and I'll let you know. I hate the slab but just love exploring the country roads. I've been down that way before on a ride to Houston and took FM and county roads all the way down. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Ok, since I'm not sure where everyone in DFW is coming from, here are a couple or high-level routes.

From the North - meet in Rockwall just south of I-30, take 276 east over Lake Tawakoni to 69 to 17. Go South on 17 to 110 and South to 314 to Edom - roughly 87 miles on GPS route.

A more direct route would be to take the 715 South from 276 to the 64 then Southeast through Canton. This is about 72 miles but I've heard that Canton is DPS heaven and the 64 looks too long and too straight to be much fun.

If ya'll are more from the south of DFW, we can meet in Forney and take back roads to Kaufman, east on 243 to 47 South. Then East around the 2339 to Edom - roughly 72 miles.

I don't know the condition of any of these roads so if there are some bad ones in here please speak up.

Any other ideas on a route from DFW?

nogutsnoglory said:
Ok, since I'm not sure where everyone in DFW is coming from, here are a couple or high-level routes.

From the North - meet in Rockwall just south of I-30, take 276 east over Lake Tawakoni to 69 to 17. Go South on 17 to 110 and South to 314 to Edom - roughly 87 miles on GPS route.

A more direct route would be to take the 715 South from 276 to the 64 then Southeast through Canton. This is about 72 miles but I've heard that Canton is DPS heaven and the 64 looks too long and too straight to be much fun.

If ya'll are more from the south of DFW, we can meet in Forney and take back roads to Kaufman, east on 243 to 47 South. Then East around the 2339 to Edom - roughly 72 miles.

I don't know the condition of any of these roads so if there are some bad ones in here please speak up.

Any other ideas on a route from DFW?

64 is straight as an arrow so I wouldn't recommend it. If you go through Canton, 2909 is a very nice road which heads east just south of Canton off of 19. You can pick up FM1861 in Martin's Mill and over to 2339 which takes you into Edom. As far as I know all the roads leading to Edom are in good condition with the exception of 279. Some construction is going on at all of the water crossings where the culverts are being replaced.

I'm in, and the weather looks great. And if anyone wants to join me afterwards, I'll be making a loop through Nacogdoches in the afternoon.

Okay, put me down for definite. Russ, let me know if you want to meet in Rockwall or somewhere between -- I'm coming from Richardson, around Campbell/BushPike. And what time?

List me as a definite. Cameron won't be there. He's gotta chance to earn some $$$ and help pay for his cycle insurance.

MCRyder said:
List me as a definite. Cameron won't be there. He's gotta chance to earn some $$$ and help pay for his cycle insurance.

Mark are you still going to Reklaw afterwards? I'd love to tag along if you are still going.

We're out. I've been sick all week and it's getting worse.

I'll be there for sure. Planin on leavin out around 9 a.m. with no route picked just yet. Anyone in the Tyler area interested?:trust:

txbanditrydr said:
I noticed on the website that the public wasn't invited..... :huh: :shrug:

I saw that too and emailed the organizer about it. He said that was to discourage the the "riff-raff" and "looky-loos". I don't think we'd count as riff-raff, even on motorcycles. There is (for the first time) a $5 entrance fee. I'm still going. Cameron's going to the fly-in, I have to go into Tyler and pick him up after the Pie Run.

Is anybody passing through Rockwall or Forney along the way? I'd meet up with ya'll...I'm in Forney/Heath area.

I'm afraid I have to bow out of this pie run and go to Ponder which is closer to us. We have too many activities going on tomorrow so we are opting to go to a closer one that will take a shorter return trip.

I was really looking forward to this ride and even had the GPS all loaded and everything. Darn it all.

I look forward to riding with and meeting everyone at the next pie run.

Have a safe and fun ride!

I'll be handling any donations for the Edom group so don't forget your checkbook or extra cash if you'd like to contribute. It's not mandatory.
Checks can be made out to Scott Friday.

Be safe and see everyone tomorrow!!

Well it looks like I'll get to join the pie fest in Edom. I'm starting from south of the metromess on 287 to Ennis, roads not much fun till well east of 45.

This will be only the 3rd time out and the longest ride since Ark ride. I was told the bike looks like an angry lizard- whats a good name for an angry lizard?
Am I asking for it or what!!

fz1nutt said:
This will be only the 3rd time out and the longest ride since Ark ride. I was told the bike looks like an angry lizard- whats a good name for an angry lizard?
Am I asking for it or what!!

Godzilla comes to mind!!! Go, Go Godzilla!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back