• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Victory Electric

Cool. Electric bikes are getting better, and when they start getting easier to afford I will consider getting one. I am building my cabin in the desert and will be putting in a decent solar system to power it. The thought of being able to charge my transportation from my solar makes me smile.

That is remarkable that they are bringing it to market. Kudos

Now we wait for battery tech to improve, charge times to shorten, and quick-charging stations to become more available for travelers.

Electrics are coming and advancing at a rapid pace. The Isle of Mann times are dropping rapidly. As for the article, it seems a bit unfair to say Victory "beat" Harley to market. They bought Brammo which was already in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was initially a bit disappointed when I clicked on the link. There's not a lot of development here other than the fact that Victory is getting involved in a bike that's already been out for a few years.

Then I though about the implications for the future. Brammo and Zero are the only realistic options out there right now. A major company (with their dollars, marketing, and R&D) should be able to build on the existing technology at a better rate than Brammo could on their own. It should also lead to quicker progress than if Victory just decided to build their own electric bike from scratch.

I really like the idea of an electric bike for commuting, but right now the cost is just way too high. Everybody has their own wishes and priority with these things, but mine are cost and power/speed. The current range and charging times would work fine for what I would be using the bike for. Heck, even the current power output is probably fine...but more is always better.

While acceleration from an electric motor can be promising, will the battery deliver less oomph as it get to mile 250 of 300?

Back