• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 MexTrek, Oct 15 - 18th, Galeana, Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to hear all I hear firsthand = Mektrek is cancelled, so i'll keep things to myself...

I read your post to say, not that Mextrek is cancelled (because it is not), but that in your opinion there are conditions in Mexico not conducive to travelling there. Am I reading this correctly?

Perhaps shed light in the "is mexico safe" thread on ADV for other's input and information on the matter?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546927

I'll be Guanajuato from this saturday the 25th until Sunday the 2nd. No bike this time, just visiting with my brother who lived there for 2 years in the mid 2000's. I'll try to gather some intel from the central inside looking out towards the borders. If anyone else is in the area, same time, hit me up. Also, any suggestions on things to do solo while my brother reconnects with old friends would be appreciated. Esp bike rental info.

P

I read your post to say, not that Mextrek is cancelled (because it is not), but that in your opinion there are conditions in Mexico not conducive to travelling there. Am I reading this correctly?

Perhaps shed light in the "is mexico safe" thread on ADV for other's input and information on the matter?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546927

It's still the border towns especially from Reynosa to matamoros to Santander Jimenez to San Fernando that has the worst rap, but we should be ok, riding via anzalduas bridge to China and we have safety in numbers, it's just the nature of the game but that's what we seek otherwise where would there be the mex adv in this, but locals here on both sides are being terrorized. Still, let's ride...

I'm watching the thread for sure. I wish I could make the trek down with yall, but I don't have enough vacation available for this and a few other trips I have planned. There is likely to be another trip next year right?

I'm watching the thread for sure. I wish I could make the trek down with yall, but I don't have enough vacation available for this and a few other trips I have planned. There is likely to be another trip next year right?

Yup, mejico is in the mind and hearts of many us crazies

There is not place 100% safe... The life itself is not... Each one should know the risks and roll the dices...

I will...

I come from a country where we took the choice to quit the streets, roads and parks due to the high violence/crime rate... The result: more violence and crime.

We took the easiest choice, and we were wrong. Now people there live into their own jails...

I do not want to take the same choice again... I want to be there, not letting bad guys take control. I'm not talking about "direct tackling"... Just our continuos presence make a huge contribution.

Of course, there is not "silver bullet" so, we will have to take care each other and do not play stupid games and/or take unnecessary risk...

I've been visiting MX twice in the last three years, it has a wonderful people and culture... And food and beers... I'd like to explore it more...

That's my personal opinion and it does not pretend to judge your comments/opinions neither influence your decision.

Regards,

There is not place 100% safe... The life itself is not... Each one should know the risks and roll the dices...

I will...

I come from a country where we took the choice to quit the streets, roads and parks due to the high violence/crime rate... The result: more violence and crime.

We took the easiest choice, and we were wrong. Now people there live into their own jails...

I do not want to take the same choice again... I want to be there, not letting bad guys take control. I'm not talking about "direct tackling"... Just our continuos presence make a huge contribution.

Of course, there is not "silver bullet" so, we will have to take care each other and do not play stupid games and/or take unnecessary risk...

I've been visiting MX twice in the last three years, it has a wonderful people and culture... And food and beers... I'd like to explore it more...

That's my personal opinion and it does not pretend to judge your comments/opinions neither influence your decision.

Regards,

Love the attitude, you'll fit right in!

:clap:

Don't worry the SilverBullet is still here but unfortunately for this trip I cannot protect you. Lol I'll be riding Mexico but north in Chihuahua at that time. Stealthly trip in and out for a few days without hitting any towns. You guys will probably be safer though due to your large numbers and presence plus overnighting in town at hotel central.

_

I hope Shadman made it through his immersion school and got back before the school closures in Mexico city. The H1N1 flu outbreak may cause some quarantines in some areas.

I know if JQueen was the rider, it would be just fine. He rode loose beach sand with occasional gnarly water cuts, from Boliver to Port Author with all us plated dirt bikes on his Vstrom, and kept right up with the front runners. He also takes it all over the Bastrop trails regularly (usually with a small passenger on board). No question a Vstrom can handle offroad circumstances, as long as the rider knows how to finesse it along.

I know if JQueen was the rider, it would be just fine. He rode loose beach sand with occasional gnarly water cuts, from Boliver to Port Author with all us plated dirt bikes on his Vstrom, and kept right up with the front runners. He also takes it all over the Bastrop trails regularly (usually with a small passenger on board). No question a Vstrom can handle offroad circumstances, as long as the rider knows how to finesse it along.
Actually that was a Versys on the beach ride and with street tires also. Even more amazing.

_

I have cleared the dates to make this trip, however my schedule is very tight. I will be in Atlanta on 10/15, and can fly directly to McAllen from there. Therefore, my quandary is getting my bike from Crockett, Texas, to McAllen, Texas. Is anyone going to be trailing their bike that might have room for one more?

Thanks
Greg

Howdy all. I am new to posting here on this forum, but just signed up to join y'all. My name's Steve, and I like to ride my Honda XR650L. This will be my first real Mexico trip, but I do enjoy puttering around the Texas Hill country. I'd like to share a room.

I live in North Austin and plan on leaving early Wed morning, driving the bike down to meet up in McAllen, and would love to ride with a group.

See you all soon!
peace and grease
-steve

I have cleared the dates to make this trip, however my schedule is very tight. I will be in Atlanta on 10/15, and can fly directly to McAllen from there. Therefore, my quandary is getting my bike from Crockett, Texas, to McAllen, Texas. Is anyone going to be trailing their bike that might have room for one more?

Thanks
Greg

Just wanted to mention that I'm more than happy to split hauling expenses with anyone willing to transport my V-Strom from Crockett to McAllen. I only need a haul south, I'll be riding the bike back home.

Thanks
Greg

I have lock October for free days and I don't think I can meet u by Wed night at McAllen... I can be there by Thu night to be ready to cross the border by early Fri...

Is anyone planning go by Friday?

Thanks
Greg

I may be able to help, if I am able to go. PM me a phone number & lets talk about it.

Where and or when do we register? How will we be setting up hotel rooms, is it being done by individuals or putting money up and a set up for others?

Where and or when do we register? How will we be setting up hotel rooms, is it being done by individuals or putting money up and a set up for others?

The sign up sheet is at the very beginning of this thread, Thursday hotel room is up to you anywhere you want, galeana hotel should have been notified by shadman maybe, if not don't worry about it, galeanas got two hotels with plenty of rooms available, and it's backyard playground has infinite camping possibilities...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back