• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RRMT Riding Plans

I had a nice time. I met up with Jim Donovan and his son and rode with them. I hadn't ridden there in a few years. It was nice to be back.

One thing I noticed was that many of the trails have gotten wider, and 'gentler'. Lots of ATVs and side-by-sides traffic since I was there last. One reason I want to get to Barnwell and ride the nice long single-track loop.

I would go on Sunday, but I have a commitment, so I'm looking at tomorrow.

Probably going to be out there Saturday afternoon and camp that night. Ill be in the red Jeep with the orange bike hanging off the back.

Did you have any takers? We were driving back from caprock canyon... we haven't been since the rains started. I hear it might look a little different...

Planning on riding my TLR200 at RRMT Sunday. If you see me, say Hi.
TLR_Hebo_zps9btfvmta.jpg

Awesome! If it wasn't so darned hot out I would love to join you. This year the weather really threw a wrench in my riding plans between all the rain, and then straight into the heat.

Had a great time today. Nice weather, great riding buddies, until Josh' Suzuki fell into a hidden crevasse.

20150802_124408_zpsryjfmgr5.jpg

Go early 919. Get there right as the gate opens or camp the night before and hit the trail @ sun up. Be ready to dress out and hit the trails. Be done by 11:30 or 12:00 seeking AC and lunch for the ride home.

Other tips.... Learn the trails and do the hard/technical stuff early. As it gets hotter opt for wider and open trails where you can catch some speed and wind to cool you. Wear vented gear. For any kind of under layer think wicking material (socks, etc...). Cotton is not your friend when its super sweaty. When you stop do so in the shade and let the heat out of your helmet. Drink extra water a day or so be fore you go. If you wake up the morning of the ride and are thirsty you are at a disadvantage. Drink plenty when out there. I also, like to half fill my camelbak with water and freeze it. Add water right before you ride so its cold. A little squirt on the neck helps to cool you off. Also, bring goggles and safety glasses. Wear the glasses as long as you can stand it. The air on your face feels good. Make sure to catch some wind when the trails open up.

A little prep and early morning riding goes a long way to making the summer riding fun.

I moved farther out, but hope to get a ride in there soon.

I am thinking of getting there at 8am on Saturday and get a couple of hours in till lunch. Anyone want to join me?

Ill lt you know tommorow. Really want to ride. I normally park right at the front gate , silver f 150 . I ride 1 of those rare orange things.

Ill ride in the morning. Due to my work hours making 0800 might be a little hard to make. Can make 0830 for sure.

Thanks to @07_919 i had a great time at Rrmt. Fell over a few times yet it was awesome

Back