• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Which of the 3 sisters

3 Sisters are fun, but I like the nice long sweepers on 55 midway between Camp Wood and Rocksprings.

+1
"the 4th and better looking sister"
she might not do the dirty like the other 3 sisters but she sure is fun.

Especially on a hot day and you can get some high speed air moving to stay cool. Plus either end and you have food and gas options.

_

+1
"the 4th and better looking sister"
she might not do the dirty like the other 3 sisters but she sure is fun.

Especially on a hot day and you can get some high speed air moving to stay cool. Plus either end and you have food and gas options.

_

I've not been that way, but the map sure looks inviting. I've been through Rocksprings on US377 and it is not exactly a boring road. I noticed Feed Trough BBQ or similar on the way through but it was closed. Any reports on quality?

I've not been that way, but the map sure looks inviting. I've been through Rocksprings on US377 and it is not exactly a boring road. I noticed Feed Trough BBQ or similar on the way through but it was closed. Any reports on quality?

Have never tried Feed Trough BBQ yet. Both King Burger (more than just burgers) and the Mexican Restaurant next door have good basic fare and reasonable prices. Right across the street from the Shell station on the corner of 377 and 55.

_

FM 674 is a good ride too, Rock Springs to Bracketville. I used to do a big loop out of SA:
TX 16 to FM 337
FM 377 to TX 55
TX 55 to US 377
US 377 to FM 674
FM 674 to FM 334
FM 334 to TX 55
TX 55 to FM 335
FM 355 to TX 41
TX 41 to FM 336
FM 336 to FM 337
FM 337 to TX 16
TX 16 back to SA

It was an all day ride from early to late.

Have never tried Feed Trough BBQ yet. Both King Burger (more than just burgers) and the Mexican Restaurant next door have good basic fare and reasonable prices. Right across the street from the Shell station on the corner of 377 and 55.

_

2 out of 3 wouldn't be bad, and 3 out of 3 would be awesome! I'm looking at a ride that way later this fall when vacation time comes. The Hill Country is always a good place to ride a small street bike. Just keep out of everyone else's way.

Back