• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

throttle body removal

I agree. Since things were working fine before this. I just can't seem to find anything disconnected.

Its the Secondary Butteryfly Curse... I had to repull TB's after a week of scratching my head, and would've sworn that I tied everything back up correctly. Then I saw that dang IAP unhooked. Hang in there, I have a feeling you'll figure it out today. I had fire shooting out of mine lol, and was able to reverse that nonsense (thanks to you guys).

Use that multi meter, its not so intimidating. I bought one Sunday and have been testing/learning all kinds of connections on the bike. Love it. And I am significantly more familiar w/ this cycle than I've been w/ any other bike I've owned. I feel that every advanced FI moto owner should know how the electrical works on their machine, instead of dropping coin on some 'mechanic' who doesnt care about your ride, and is probably just reading out of the same service manual that we are..

Last edited:
I just had the throttle bodies off my Bandit to do a valve clearance check. I also have the Holeshot Stage 2 kit. After I got it all back together it ran great for the first 3 rides and then it started to stumble and miss at low rpm. I checked the coils and spark plugs and they were all good. Then I found out there is another recall on the rectifier that was replaced once before on a recall. You can check this site to see if you too have a recall. Just click on "Search for Recall by VIN" and enter your VIN #. (http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety/Recalls+&+Defects)
I'm hoping that this is my problem because I can't find anything else wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Broncs.. Just wondering how everything panned out. Feel kinda guilty since I just rode so smoothly to Cali on Saturday, just to eat a burger and cruise home. Hope to hear you got it dialed in man, it is so smooth riding now. Let us know.

Nothing has happened yet, unfortunately. Between crazy work hours, terrible weather, and kids in sports. Haven't had much free time. I'm going to take the tank off soon, and look there because I cannot find any thing wrong anywhere else.

Everything is good now. The bike is great, I am an idiot. I've fudged things up before, but this one takes the cake. If y'all didn't know, the 02 plug is a direct fit into the wiring for the rectifier.:eek2: It also makes the bike run off the battery....I guess when I read the directions, I saw left side of the bike, and a connector that looked like the one in the pic. Whoops! Oh well, I'm glad my bike is good and I am the one that needs help.

Back